Friday, November 11, 2011

"They Say It's Your Birthday!!"

...well, it's my birhtday too, yeah!

Well, almost. In 27 days it'll be my birthday. But before mine, as always, comes Zach's!! He has finally turned the big 0-6 and is really starting to become his own big little person. Even though he got his folder signed *again* due to some kind of bracelet-stealing misunderstanding, and even though he took money off my bed table to "look at it" then he forgot where he put it, hopefully he's learning from all of these things and beginning to understand to think about things before just blindly doing them and getting in trouble for it later. What's sad is I was a carbon copy of that. Growing up I did so many unbelieveably dumb things. What's even sadder is how long it took before any of it sunk in that maybe I shouldn't continue doing it. So very dense was I. Seems like I still am sometimes. But at least I'm in a place in my life where everything seems to be going really good. Just hoping I can keep it up.

Anyways...a few pix!

Zach is 6 At Chuck E Cheese 11-6-11
Is that not the coolest cake ever!! I can think of one maybe a little cooler...if you know me at all you'd know what would be on it.

Zach is 6 At Chuck E Cheese 11-6-11
Me: "Okay Zach, say cheese."
Zach: "CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Me: "Okay, just a little too Guy-Smiley there...can you tone it down a little?"
Zach: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Zach is 6 At Chuck E Cheese 11-6-11
Aww, what a good shot of us. Zach has a couple of acceptable silly smiles. I guess this can be one of them ha ha.

Man what a long afternoon / evening. Wore me out just watching 10 kids run around like crazy people with a handful of tokens. Zach had a blast though. I think we were the last ones to leave.

The Friday before, Little had their annual carnivale`! It was a lot of the same thing they always have, like the karaoke booth! Some boy got talked into singing this song:



If he had a man card it would surely be revoked!!!

Emmy ran into some friends and was MIA for like the whole night. Zach though was wham! right there. So we did a few things together:

JB Little Carnival 11-4-11
PLINKO!! The Price Is Right game was now available to play! I was hoping they were giving away thousands of dollars like they do on the game show, but no such luck. Zach did win a tattoo though.

JB Little Carnival 11-4-11
Golf! Zach got a hole in two! He almost got a hole in one, but it was not meant to be.

JB Little Carnival 11-4-11
Cake walk! Apparently this game was not as easy as an actual cake walk. Zach used up all his tickets and came away empty-handed. Oh well. Such is life sometimes. I'm sure he got his fill of cake at his birthday party. He was smart enough to take up two squares though. Something to be said for that.

JB Little Carnival 11-4-11
Swings! Didn't cost any tickets and I haven't met a kid yet who didn't think it was a lot of fun. Here's Emmy on the swings when she was his age:

Fort Worth Trinity Park
Actually she wasn't even four yet, but she looks just like Zach...almost.

Sunday we're having a family get together with my family to complete the parade of birthday parties for Zach. Always have a good time when the four of us can re-unite at the same time. Time always seems to just run away from us and sometimes we need to just sit back and enjoy these moments in our lives. Speaking of time, this movie looks awesome:



Even though I'm not the biggest Justin Timberlake fan in the world, I've been fascinated by how time cannot be stopped, or even slowed down, but it never seems to pass by fast enough when you're waiting for something. For me, I'm waiting for my Christmas vacation to begin! 43 days and counting! Gonna make this one the best ever!

No comments: