Friday, November 18, 2011

"Christmas Time...Is Here..."

...well, not quite yet. But the cold winds have moved in and my favourite station in the winter, 103.7 Lite FM, has started playing Christmas music!! Not looking forward to putting up Christmas lights next week, mainly because it takes a gymnastic effort to get on the roof to hang them in the first place. But I shall persist. In fact, I've already picked out a couple of presents for Zach and Emily last week, and I hope they enjoy them. What are they? Nice try. No one will know until Christmas morning.

Sunday Mom Dad and Keri came out to conclude the celebration of Zach turning six. We met up at Zio's Italian Ristorante. Yeah, I think that's how you spell it. None of them had ever been before, and despite the service being a little slow, everyone thought it was one of the best italian places they'd ever been to. Maybe it was slow due to the Cowboy game. 44-7 win over the Bills!! We are at 5-4, and we should reach 8-4 at some point in the next month, putting us in good position to win the NFC East and maybe go to the Super Bowl! That's a pipe dream, I know. But it's my pipe dream.

A few pix from Sunday:

Zach IS 6! 11-13-11
Me: "Um...how's that bellini sis?"
Keri: "Ugh...agghhhh....*slurp*...."
Me: "That good eh? Maybe you should slow down...?"
Keri: "MAYBE YOU SHOULD SHUT UP!!!!"
Me: "O...kay..."

Zach IS 6! 11-13-11
Me: "Um...how's that pasta fa jole Dad?"
Dad: "Ugh...agghhhh....*slurp*...."
Me: "That good eh? Maybe you should slow down...?"
Dad: "MAYBE YOU SHOULD SHUT UP!!!!"
Me: "O...kay..."

Zach IS 6! 11-13-11
Cool, an R2-D2 Trouble game!! We tried playing this a few days ago. Unfortunately, by the time we figured out the rules, it was time for bed. No worries. We will find some time now that sports is almost over. I tell ya, it's an all day Saturday affair sometimes. Glad to see some rest at the end of the trail soon.

Zach IS 6! 11-13-11
Hey, what a good shot of us. I didn't know the sleeves on that shirt were so short. I wonder if Cari got me a girl's shirt ha ha. I'll have to wear it with a long sleeve shirt underneath I guess. Hey, when it's Captain America, it's all good.

My vacation is offically 34 days away!!!! I've said it before and I'll say it again...11 day Christmas vacation is almost here!! Cari is off the week after Christmas which is good because so are Zach and Emmy. I might be able to work out those mornings before work. Haven't done it as much as I'd like to lately, first because I was sick for almost 2 weeks! Sinus infection I think. Now I have this cold that popped up Wednesday night and I feel lousy again! I keep waking up at 3 in the morning and can't breathe which means I can't go back to sleep. Last night I woke up at 2:30 and then laid there until 5am. Time sure went by fast but I don't remember going back to sleep. Ugh I hate that.

Now that Zach's birthday is done for another year, we can start focusing our attention to MY birthday! Numero 37 is coming up, and now I know that 40 is not far behind. 40. Such a monumental birthday for some. I suppose it will be for me as well. On Dec 20 I'm planning a dinner at The Keg followed up by a trip to Winstar! I've invited 6 friends...plus Cari. So 7 friends then? Yeah, that's the math. Haven't been out for a really nice dinner in what seems like forever. Plus they have steak. And Mike = steak.

No comments: