Friday, November 04, 2011

"Trick Or..."

...treat?

Yeah!

Zach and Emmy got dressed up and we hit the street once again in search of fun, adventure, thrills, and some Kit Kats. Emmy was quite the vampiress this year:

Halloween 2011
The teeth were a little big unfortunately, but she made it work. Zach of course was Jack Sparrow. We spent a good hour and a half walking around. We even crossed the street and went to this church's Trunk Or Treat where people decorate their trunks and hatchbacks and give out candy. Pretty cool idea. You can make a major haul in like 15 minutes!

When we got back to Cari's parents house we gave Zach another birthday present:

Halloween 2011
Great big giant Angry Bird! If you haven't heard, Angry Birds is like the biggest sensation to sweep the nation since...I dunno...Facebook? Here's a YouTube clip:



It's so addicting...trust me on that.

Sunday night we went out to catfish Plantation for our annual get-dressed-up-and-go-eat-fish dinner:

Catfish Plantation 10-30-2011
Zach got a cool jacket! About time too. All of his are slowly getting smaller.

Catfish Plantation 10-30-2011
Of course, we had to get him a Transformer! Ratchet to be exact.

When we got home we gave him some MORE presents:

Zach Is 6! Oct 2011
Hey, cool shield!! Reminds me of one of my fave superheroes...

One busy weekend a-comin' up! Got the JB Little Carnival tonight, sports in the morning AND afternoon, and I have to get the yard fixed up for the winter. Haven't decided if I want to fertilize or not. Always seems like a waste of money, Apparently my grass is supergrass. Once we got some rain it all came back thick and green...with NO fertilizer. Decisions, decisions...I haven't mowed it in forever since it hasn't grown hardly. Might be nice to get back out there and get dirty again.

Watched "Charlotte's Web" at work yesterday. Man, I forgot how sad that movie could get. I also forgot how much singing was in it! Every 5 minutes, someone would bust into song. Ugh. But it did remind me just how short our lives are and how they always seem to pass by too fast. I just hope I'm able to make each day mean something to me so that when I do reach 60 or 70 I can be at peace with it. Not that being old is a bad thing. Just not ready for it right this moment.

No comments: