Friday, September 23, 2005

Lovely Rita...



More like Hateful Rita, seems like. I find it hard to believe that just weeks after Katrina did her worst, now we have to brace for the impact of yet another class-5 storm. Except this one is coming along to finish off what her big sister missed...namely the Texas Gulf Coast. Sure, the midwest may be boring, but they don't even have to worry about things like this. Here in Arlington, the worst we're supposed to get is some heavy rain and wind. I know about a million evacuees that would give what they have to switch places with that scenario.

Sometimes I wonder if there's something more I could be doing. Problem is, the answer is always "Yes". I'm not down at the convention centers helping out or offering my home to those who have none. Frankly, the very idea of people I don't know in my house scares me. Someday I might be able to let them in...but not right now.

As it turns out, my son is scheduled to be born on Halloween. I didn't think it would be such a good idea originally just because it might have been conflicting with other people's Halloween plans. However, the more I thought about it, the more I realized, "Hey! How often do people celebrate their birthday on the actual day, anyways?" So it's all good. Zack, if ya ever read this, we've waited 30 years for you. Welcome to the family.

No comments: