Friday, September 30, 2005

Cari's Baby Shower is Coming Up!

One week away...wow! Seems forever ago that we had learned we were having a baby, and now it's just another month until he comes! We're expecting a pretty big turnout for it too. Well, Cari is. ME...I will be with my little buddy at one of the last great places left for kids...Putt Putt!! For you see, there are certain places that guys simply should not be lingering around...such as baby showers, department store dressing rooms(learned about that one the hard way), and such and such. I could go on a while, but...why, ya know?

I've had this idea for a movie I think could be really cool if it ever made its way onto the screen...any screen would do. For about five years I've been kicking this idea around but never seemed to have the time to put it down on paper. However, since Fridays are my slow days on the ol' phone, the time has presented itself. The plan is to document this in stages, or acts if you will. So without further ado, I give you...

"My Journey"
(pan around in small apartment. Six-year old boy sitting on floor playing video game very well)
(voice-over from boy)
"Hello. For those of you who are just joining us, let me introduce myself. My name is Abraham Rogers. I was named after my dad who told me that my name means "father to plenty", but so far I'm the only one. He left to go pick up some milk. There must be a really long line, because it's been about three weeks and he still hasn't come home."
(pan to mother getting ready for work in bedroom)
"That's Mom. She's been really upset that Dad hasn't come home yet. She had to find a second job as a waitress to, as she puts it, 'make ends meet'. I've never heard that expression before, but I guess it means she has to work all the time."
(Abe goes into mom's room)
Abe:
"Mom?"
Mom:
"Yes dear?"
Abe:
"When's Daddy coming home?"
Mom:
"Honey, I don't have time for silly questions. The only way he'll ever show his pug face around here again is in a police car. Now I want you to be a good boy tonight until I get home, okay?"
Abe:
(sadly) "Okay."
Mom:
"That's my boy. (heads for the door) Dinner's in the fridge, okay? And what's the rule of the house?"
Abe & Mom together:
"Never open the door to anyone."
Mom:
"That's right. Come on, give me a hug."
(hug)
Mom:
"Love you."
Abe:
"Love you too."
(Mom leaves)
Voice-over:
"And so begins another night for me."
(goes to refrigerator, sees take-out container)
Abe:
"What's in the mystery box tonight?"
(opens box with unidentifable meal in it)
"Ugh...Mom sure doesn't think very much of me to think I'd like...whatever this is supposed to be"
End scene
Now keep in mind, this is far from finished. If I can just get my ideas transcribed, I'll be able to look at it from a more objective view. Stay tuned.

No comments: