Friday, December 30, 2005

No Run-Of-The-Mill Pitcher here!!



Well, it's official!! Kevin Millwood is now officially a member of the Texas Rangers! With some other trades that were made, Texas might have an impressive starting rotation for the first time since...well...ever! Every team that made the playoffs had one thing in common: a rock on top of the staff. Kenny Rogers was that guy until he decided it would be fun to push over a cameraman. So glad the guy decided to press charges which got him thrown in jail. This proves a lesson it took me a while to learn: No bad deed goes unpunished, no good deed goes unrewarded. Karma baby...that is some awesome stuff.

Since nothing new is going on, I think it is time to add to my screenplay. Anyone remember that? Anyways...here is Act 6 of "My Journey":

(at hospital, Abe rushes in and finds out where his mom is. The nurse walks him to where she is laying on an operating table)

Abe: "Mom! What happened!?"

Dr: "I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this sir. SUV came out of nowhere and collided with her head-on. I wish I had better news for you, but I'm afraid there isn't much time."

Mom: "I'm sorry Abe...I wish I could have been a...better...mother..."

(Abe begins to cry)

Abe: "You were great Mom...I love you..."

Mom: "Love you too pal...there's a...postcard...in my top drawer...it's from your father...he's in some hospital in California...the address is on there...go see him...please..."

Abe: "What!?"

(flatline sounds)

V/O: "I wanted to respond to what was happening...I couldn't. Nothing worse then not giving a tragedy your full attention."

(show Abe getting postcard out of drawer)

"I had been pretty much alone for most of my life...but this time...I was lonely..."

(show Abe at his apt. packing a suitcase)

"...But not for long."

Act 7 to come someday!

No comments: