Friday, February 10, 2006

"Back To The Future"

Ever wish you could time travel? I sure wish I could. What I'd love to do is go back to the year 1910 when cigarettes started putting these little picture of baseball players with each pack. No-names like Eddie Plunk, Honus Wagner and some guy named Ty Cobb. These are worth thousands of dollars today and no one had any idea. Now that we know, the baseball card industry have become a multi-billion dollar industry and the trick is they won't even be worth much due to over-production. Kind of what happened to Star Wars Phantom Menace toys. Millions of people (myself included) bought loads of toys, kept them unopened, and now if you go on eBay you can get them cheaper (minus shipping of course) then what you would have paid for them back in 1999. Ah well. I like what I collected. I went after a lot of stuff that you couldn't find like the Darth Maul Cd Player. It's not even on eBay so maybe there's someone who will pay more then the %70 I paid for it eh?

I'm starting to feel a bit...overwhelmed at the idea of having two kids. One seemed so easy but two just doubles the work sometimes. Plus the house needs so much work inside and out and just thinking about it makes me physically tired. But I know I will get it done. We will get it done. My biggest hope for my kids is they can always feel like they can talk to me or their mom if something is bothering them and if they can't talk to us, then talk to someone. Anyone. Teacher, pastor, friend, parent of a friend...no one should have to live with guilt or remorse about anything.

Oh by the way, I won Employee Of The Month from Addecco for January!! I got a t-shirt, a certificate, and the kicker: $20 from where else Walmart! I have a feeling I will be using it on something...frivolous? Maybe. We shall see...what should I spend it on?

No comments: