Friday, May 05, 2006

"Captain America"

A lot of kids liked Superman growing up. For me though, he just didn't "do it" for me. He seemed too...perfect? Is that the right word? You couldn't hurt him and you didn't dare stand up against him. I guess it was a lucky break he was on the side of good...otherwise, wouldn't he own like the entire world? I think Marvel got into that a bit just to see "what if". Like I said, I never wanted to be him the way most kids did. There was someone else who seemed to have it goin' on.



That's what I'm talkin' about! Captain America looks like he was created simply to unite the American people during a time of paranoia and disillusion (I'm referring to the Communist "Red Scare" during the 50's if anyone was curious). Armed with nothing but a shield which he could whip at baddies with pinpoint precision, CA was a different kind of role model. One that didn't need special powers, only a strong sense of leadership. Plus, you can't find collectables of this guy ANYWHERE! I'm glad I found this guy when I did. He's perfect!

Who are some superheroes you looked up to?

P.S.: If you think I'm gonna dress Zach up as Captain America for Halloween soemday, HECK YEAH!!

No comments: