Friday, April 28, 2006

"How 'Bout Them Rangers!"

Okay, so as of today we're a game back of the dreaded LA Angels. And sure, our resident closer Coco Cordero might as well be throwing volleyballs the way he's blowing saves for us. But maybe this could be our year.

Went to the Texas/Tampa Bay game last Saturday night thanks to Pop scoring some boss seats (7 rows behind home plate). Almost didn't make it since we couldn't seem to find each other but we eventually...you know...found each other. Here's what ya missed:



Dad: "The line's too long. I wanna go home RIGHT NOW!"
Me: "But Dad, we didn't come all the way out here just for hot dogs did we?"
Dad: "Well...no...I guess not..."
Me: "I didn't think so."
Dad: "I also want cotton candy!!"
Me: (sigh)



We were leading 5-2 and brought on Coco Cordero to close it. Big mistake. Quickly gave up a 3 run homer to...someone...but Michael Young drove in the winning run in the bottom of the 9th to win it!!



Uh oh! They've turned off all the lights! Was kind of neat when they did that. Felt like a big campout with 30,000 other people.



Fireworks! Whatever made them have a fireworks show on this night is beyond me. Was a lot of fun though. They played a lot of "one hit wonder" songs during the show. Although I must disagree about "Come on Eileen" by Dexy's Midnight Runners being their only hit. They had dozens of great songs. Just that nobody ever heard them because they would have overshadowed 'Eileen'. Right?



Last but not least, what kind of guy would I be without displaying my latest acquisition? Saw this at Toys R Us for $14.99 PLUS it was the last one left, so...what choice did I have? This one I may let Emmy or Zach play with if they request it. It's like condiments from that fast food place close by. "Ketchup available upon request".

No comments: