Friday, June 23, 2006

"The End Of The Innoence"

Okay, so maybe our beloved Mavericks aren't so innocent i.e. Jerry Stackhouse's ownership foul of Shaq in Game 4, but the playoffs are over. We are left with a few memories and no NBA championship to hoist. Who takes the blame? The easy direction is Dirk Nowitzki. While Dwayne Wade decided this was his to win or lose, Dirk decided "Eh, somebody else will handle it." Jason Terry didn't handle it. Erick Dampier didn't handle it. Dirk needed to step up and do what was needed and he did neither. Always next year, right? Better get used to saying that Mavs.

Roger Clemens made his return to baseball last night. Lost to the 2006 Rookie Of The Year Francisco Liriano 4-2 unfortunately. Will be a sad day when he hangs up the spikes for good. Was such a thrill to see him pitch against another Texas legend, Nolan Ryan. You talk about power vs. power. There it was.



I bought this a week after the Super Bowl. Won $6.50 from newphew Jack on that game. "Seahawks will win Uncle Mike...just wait." Well, I waited...wanna know what I saw? I saw the mighty Steelahs (with the help of the referees of course) steamroll their way to victory. So I went to Big Lots and bought this guy.

Going to Disneyworld in Orlando FL in exactly 3 weeks and 6 days. Am SO excited!! Haven't been on a vacation since April of 2002 for my honeymoon. And to be honest...the 4 1/2 years leading up to it have left me feeling kind of burned out. In the words of Jeremy Gray in "Wedding Crashers", I need to shut down my engines and get myself back into neutral. Will need lots of rechargable batteries for my camera and assorted handheld devices for the drive down there. Looking at 17 hours and change to get there. Now I see why I remember every tv show and movie I watch! Like having Comcast On-Demand in my head ha ha.

Where would you like to be right now?

No comments: