Friday, June 30, 2006

"USA = A OK!"

Could it be that time of year again? I think it is! I'm at work right now and I've dealt with three-count em-THREE people who were born on July 4th! That's too eerie!

There's a virtual statewide ban on fireworks this year. The reason why? We were short 27 inches of rain in 2005 which resulted in innumerable (always wanted to use that word lol) wildfires, one of which I could see on my way home one evening. Even with the windows closed and the AC on my car still got smoky. Moving on...now we are short about 9 inches this year and no one is taking any chances with a spark launching a thousand flames. So...what do we do now? (shrug)

"Superman Returns" came out this weekend. Funny how something as American as the Man Of Steel coming back to the big screen coincided with the 4th of July! It's like...they planned for that to happen or something...very strange.


Now I kind of ragged on this guy a while back. The truth is we criticize those we envy. I think about flying all the time. When I'm standing in my front yard at night and the moon comes into view I want to just take off and see everything from high above. One of those "pipe dreams" that barring some unforseen miracle will never happen...but sure is fun to think about.

Not sure what's going on this weekend. There MAY be a swim party at my aunt's house but so far no one seems to know when it is. Plus my wife's cousin is in town for an undisclosed period of time. She's funny. She uses sarcasm and ironic statements when she's mad at her daughter. Things like "Oh no, you sit there and watch TV! You're 12 so you should be able to relax. Let me put the laundry up!" I didn't want to laugh but it was hard not to. Now I would never say that to my kids. Part of being a good dad is realizing when "less is more' in terms of discipline. Kids never have a problem finding something to feel bad about. Why should I add to the problem ya know?

Any pipe dreams ya care to share?

No comments: