Friday, November 24, 2006

"Ever Wonder..."

...just how many Transformers ol' Mikey has to date? Well, I sure did. And why not...after all, they are mine I guess. Boy, I had some beauties back in my kid days. And then...I just had to see how they worked. Found a screwdriver, one thing led to another and...days later just a handful of plastic parts and no real sense of accomplishment. Ahh, memories...

But I rebounded, and 20 years later I now have an impressive collection. In fact, let's take a look at it:




Took me about an hour last week to get them all together last weekend. Really wanna open them up. But I must be vigilant to keep them all in pristine condition. Also, if I open them all I'll forget who they are just like I did with what's-his-name and whoosits.

Went to the treehouse exhibit at the Dallas Arboretum last weekend as well. Was a good day partly because it was so nice outside. Here's some oohin' and ahhin' pix:




Had a four day weekend this Thanksgiving. I was telling Cari about in 2003 when I went to work at 5am the Friday after and got off at 1 which we had lunch with some friends afterwards. She was all "You can remember that but you can't remember to dress the kids in warm clothes!?" And she's right. Ya have kids, your memory goes to hell. We went Christmas shopping tonight @ good ol' Target. Cari sure knows how to find a deal. And she looks for stuff for my family as well as hers. She's so great. True, she does a few things I wish she wouldn't but that's a 2 way street sometimes. At least this year we have some money to get people things. Last year Zach came along and every dime I made had to go to us first. Was kind of weird telling people sorry, maybe next year you'll get something.

Is Christmas all about presents? Ask a kid, you'll hear "What else is it about?" Ask me, I'll say "Presents are cool, but they fade. If you can be with people you don't hate (i.e. in-laws) then it might be a good time." I like the lights. The brighter, the better.

No comments: