Friday, November 03, 2006

"Volunteer For A Day"

Where did I volunteer you ask? Red Cross? Peace Corps? Well, close. I went up to Emily's kindergarten class to help them with "stations". Stations are different tables that the kids go to make a project. This week we made crayon boxes! Well, more like crayon pouches...but it's all good. Emmy was so happy that I came up there, and that in turn made me happy. This was the first weekday I've had to myself since she started school. Didn't do much. After I left the school I went to the Mr. Jim's pizza place I was working at one night a week and gave them my notice. Two reasons really: one, it took so long to get there after work that it really wasn't profitable anymore, and two, I just didn't like doing it anymore. I drove pizzas around for six years before getting out in October 2002 when I started working at the mall. Ahh, memories...

I think I worry too much. I worry about if I'll have a job next week even though it's mostly unfounded. Ever get that vibe that they'll just show up at your desk and say "Can we talk?". I think I'm very good at what I do and it's nice to find something I'm good at that didn't involve pizza. You know how weird it is when someone asks what you do for a living and you have to make "delivering pizza" sound somewhat professional? It's impossible! Even though I make way less doing what I'm doing now, "prescription benefits administrator" sounds a little more uppity lol.


Bought this at Toys R Us Wednesday. Now this isn't the real picture of what I have (hence the "Seibertron.com" insignia), but since I still don't have a camera I like, this will have to do for now. But man, this is a great first step in the right direction of what they should have done a long time ago. The new Optimus Prime looks awesome and I would have gotten that if they hadn't been sold out! Ah well...my time will come.

I think I want a new job. In fact I know I do...the question is, I have no idea what I would like to do that I wouldn't hate. Need to browse Monster or CareerBuilder or something...(sigh) I'll be okay I guess. Going to my aunt's house for a birthday party for my cousin and uncle (not blood-related). Kind of weird isn't it? No one ever threw a party for, say, me and an aunt. Ah well. Free burgers. Sunday we're going to a housewarming party for some friends who are having a baby. Here's the amusing part: they have no home! I mentioned them a few posts ago. They may read this so I hope I don't ruin any surprise. I hope they get a house or apartment soon. Ah well. Free food. I'm all about the free food this weekend lol

No comments: