Sunday, December 24, 2006

"It's Christmas Time...In The City!..."

...at least here in Arlington Texas it is. A lot of strip malls and grocery stores have their lightpole decorations up to further "enhance the mood" of this holiday. I started writing this Saturday morning and now here it is Sunday morning about 7am. To be honest, I wasn't really feeling the Christmas mood and it was kind of bumming me out. And then...it just kind of happened. We went to my grandparent's house last night to exchange gifts with my dad's family since they weren't going to be there Xmas morning. Had a really nice time. As we were driving home Cari and I were talking about great deals we got on presents at the stores, making candy, etc. That's when it all felt really good. The air was crisp but not freezing, the sky was a cloudy grey, almost a light purple...I feel much better now.

We're trying to get together enough gift cards to get a new digital camera. Thanks to Dad, we have a $100 head start!

I hope Cari likes what I-I mean Santa got her. At JCPenney's they have these "Atom Massagers" for $10. They're pretty neat. I told her they were out even though they weren't so I might catch her off-guard. Then we go up there to get some presents and we end up walking right past them. Sigh. Oh well. I still told her I never got her one when in reality it's in her stocking right now. Couldn't find a pic but it's a handheld back/neck massager which lights up in green. Got her Superman Returns, the new one from the Goo Goo Dolls, and a 3-pk of peanuts. She's a fan of the honey-roasted ones ya know. Even got her a Superman action figure to go with the movie. I wrapped them together and she picks it up and she's feeling it and she goes "Well, it's a movie and something else". Ah well, so much for surprise. But she doesn't have a clue about the rest. Let's hope it stays that way.

What do I want for Christmas? You know...just having people around me is all I really need. That should be all you need as well. But, if I HAVE to name something specific...would love a day at the spa =)

P.S. Benson, I'm going to get you those Savage Garden tracks ASAP. Only been...a year...lol. The speed of Mike.

No comments: