Thursday, December 07, 2006

"They Say It's Your Birthday!..."

...well how about that, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TOO YEAH! Seriously! Number 32 in about 11 hours. Geez, where does the time go? The countdown to 100 years old continues. Can I make it to 100? Mmm...possibly. My grandfather is 84 and my grandmother on my mom's side will be 79 next January. So living long and prospering seems to run in the genes. Fortunately the pointy ears do not ha ha. (Spock? Star Trek?) The only question is how will I celebrate this joyous occasion? Well, for starters, I'm using vacation time and not going to work, ergo creating a 3 day weekend! I honestly do not know what I want to do. I do know that someone will be watching the kids and I can sleep late on Saturday. I also know that I will get the same damn pair of pants and shirt from Cari's family. Not that I'm not grateful for them mind you but geez, every year it's the same thing. One year I got a Toys R Us gift card from them and boy did it make my day ha ha. Add to that our closet is so full of clothes and I really don't see why they keep getting them for me. My guess is total apathy.

We're going to try to put the ornaments on the tree this weekend. We keep putting it off and before we know it it will be Easter. I love Christmas. Always have. We started a new Overall tradition last year when we drove around and looked at Christmas lights and then went to Starbuck's for a hot one. That night was a lot of fun. I know Emmy liked it just because she got her caffiene fix afterwards. I think I'm responsible for her need of coffee-flaored products. I hope she doesn't hold it against me.

Ever wonder how differently you would live your life if you didn't have any family around you? I suppose there are people in this world who simply do not have anyone around them. Sometimes I wonder if they are any different without family influencing your decisions. I would imagine this time of year to be kind of lonely for them. These are the people you see at Denny's or IHOP Christmas Day because they do not have anyone to cook for or cook for them. Kind of bums me out to think about when they're done eating...and they go home...and there's no one there to say hello to. No matter what I got for Christmas growing up, I know that seeing all my cousins and aunts and uncles, etc. is what ultimately made Christmas so much fun.

Here's my wish list if you're in them mood lol:

iPod, 6mp Digital camera, unopened Transformers, and a partridge in a pear tree (for real. Patridge under glass is darn tasty!)

No comments: