Thursday, April 26, 2007

"The Broom And The Rug"

Not a lot going on this week, so I thought I would try my hand at a little free-form poetry. Lemme know what you think. Just try to not be so brutal lol:

I am an unstoppable force. Everyone who has tried to defeat me has fallen by my hand. I have preserved many great things and many horrible things. I have accomplished all of this without even trying. All I have to do is exist. I am comprised of a commodity more precious then gold and worth more then anything else in the entire world. I allow people to spend what I have on anything they want. Some will spend wisely, but most will spend poorly. What amuses me is they won't even know how much they have wasted until they are on their deathbed.


I'm not all bad though. There are some redeeming aspects to me. I will allow you to do something humiliating and just sit there and laugh, but afterwards I will remove all traces from everyone's mind so that they never knew what had happened. I can also make people forgive you for something you have done that was wrong. Just don't expect it in one day.



I am the broom and the rug. I sweep away the past to make way for the future.

I am omnipotent.
I am never-ending.
I am time.


Not bad eh? Maybe I can get that published somewhere.


And here is proof that old habits die hard. Made this at work which took forever since I lost this twice! Find the two things wrong anyone?


And what entry would be complete without a visit from Dr. Smoov!! This is by far the funniest re-dub of Transformers I have ever heard.

I got to thinking about things and realized the clock is ticking for all of us. Every day shall be one for the books. Maybe age is just a number after all. I read about a man who was still teaching a class at the age of 100. He looked just as spry as a man half his age. Maybe I'll be like that one day. I won't worry about getting old until I turn 100. Once I pass that mark then I'll start worrying about if I've done enough in my life. For now, I'm 32 and have some fun things to look forward to.

No comments: