Friday, April 20, 2007

"Stars Win! Stars Win!!!"



Well, they haven't "won" anything yet. But they did win game five of the opening round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. And when you're down three games to one, it's a mighty big deal! It's a shame that as you get older, the adage "It's not important if you win or lose, it's how you play the game" seems to go away and nothing seems as much fun as it used to be.

Went to Brand and Jerrany's wedding last Saturday. Was actually very nice. Here's a few pics to re-create the mood:


This one is...just a bit awkward...you really had to be there to understand. Actually, the people that WERE there didn't understand.



Me: "Hey! Wake you you lazy moochers! It's only an hour drive!"

Yesterday I went up to Emmy's school to help with "stations" and have lunch. I tell ya...sometimes I get onto her when she acts a little silly, say in church, but compared to some of these kids, she's an angel. Here's a few pics to help re-create the mood:


Me: "What on earth? When did you get a baby chick?"
Emmy: "When the egg hatched, silly!"
Me: "Well...ask a stupid question..."



Here's Emmy with all her friends...let's see, there's what's-her-name...and whoosits..."


Zach: "Hey Dad, would you like to help me build something with these great tools?"
Me: "Um...something you should know about those son...they cost $2.50 at Target."
Zach: "Hey, I'm one, what do I care?"
Me: "Touche`"



This is my Mexican heather plant which I have been nourishing with love...and some fertilizer. In about 2 months you will see lots of pretty purple flowers blossoming. Wait a minute...this isn't fertilizer...it's Nerds candy! No wonder that plant shakes uncontrollably every now and then.

I have a toy site again! Find Speed Racer on the left to see every toy I own, opened or unopened. You may be pleasantly surprised to see which outnumbers which.

No comments: