Monday, June 04, 2007

"I'm No Angel!"

...or am I? Thanks to this lil' quiz from Lil Bit I have discovered that according to my lifestyle and preferences, I qualify (barely) as an angel. If this is the case, then I owe angels everywhere an apology ha ha.



You scored as Angel, Angel: Angels are the guardians of all things, from the smallest ant to the tallest tree. They give inspiration, love, hope, and positive emotion. They live among humans without being seen. They are the good in all things, and if you feel alone, don't fear. They are always watching. Often times they merely stand by, whispering into the ears of those who feel lost. They would love nothing more then to reveal themselves, but in today's society, this would bring havoc and many unneeded questions. Give thanks to all things beautiful, for you are an Angel.


I couldn't get the tables or whatever to align properly so I had to change the layout up a bit. You get the idea.


Zach: "Hey Dad, wanna go for a ride in my sporty new ride?"

Me: "Um, it might be a little small for both of us there son."

Zach: "No, I ride, you push."

Me: "Ohh...that sounds like much more fun."


Emmy: "You see Dad, monkeys use their arms to swing from tree to tree, kind of like I'm doing."

Me: "Um, yeah, I watch Discovery Channel ya know."

Emmy: "No you don't! All you watch is sports!"

Me: "Oh yeah...tell me more about these 'monkeys'."

Kidless tomorrow night! Going out for our friend's birthday. Who knows what we'll do. We get boring as we get older. Tomorrow I'm taking Zach and Emmy to see "Shrek The Third" with Mom. Then Emmy is staying at her house and I'll bring Zach back to stay with Cari's parents. Not that I want to get rid of them or anything.

Do angels really exist? I think so. Does Heaven exist? Yes it does, and I can prove it. All religions have one thing in common: a person's soul goes sowmehere when they die. Here's how I know for sure:

Close your eyes and pretend that you have just died. If you're really dead, how would you know? You can't just turn off your life like a light switch. But our physical selves pass away. We all know someone who has died. But we never go away. We just go somewhere else. I was raised to believe we go to either Heaven or Hell and that the only way to get to Heaven was to be accountable for your actions and to believe in God and accept Him as part of your life. Personally this sounds like a pretty good plan.

I came to this conclusion when I was five if you can believe it. I had been taken to daycare in the morning and I was sitting in this window seat, just staring outside and wondering why I was thinking about stuff like this when everyone else was playing. I always felt different from everyone else. Even today I have trust issues, especially with people who I think say one thing to me and say something else to someone else. This always weighs on my mind and I don't know how to get rid of it. Therapy would probably help but it's not like I'm unhappy with my life. I just get paranoid when I get it in my head that people talk about me behind my back and in a negative light. I guess most people are like that.

What do you believe? What would you ask God if you had the chance? I would ask Him what the point of cancer was. I mean, if making space for new people means getting rid of others, isn't there a more humane way of doing it then to have their bodies literally waste away until there's nothing left? I guess not. I'm sure there's a reason, but no one I know knows it. One day...I shall know.

Let's see how many songs I can think of with "Angel" in the title:

"I'm No Angel" by Survivor
"Angel Eyes" by Jeff Healey
"Angel Of The Morning" by Juice Newton

Is that it? (shrug)

No comments: