Tuesday, June 19, 2007

"On The Road Again..."

That's right, at this time tomorrow we will be on the road to San Antonio! Four days of nohting but sightseeing and hopefully a little bit of fun. So far the plans include going to Fiesta Texas and having dinner on the riverwalk. If you didn't watch the NBA Finals between San Antonio and Cleveland (and from what I hear a lot of people didn't), you may have seen some panoramic shots of it at night, but in person it's really neat. There's a whole row of restaraunts and shops along this river and at night all the neon lights hit it and it's really dazzling. Plus they have a boat you can ride on and really immerse yourself in the whole thing. Emmy is already looking forward to it, and somewhere in Zach's head maybe he's anticipating it too.

For me, it is very rare when I have a dream where toys are the prevailing characters, but last night definitely took the cake. Okay, first, I think I'm watching a preview for the new Transformers movie coming out July 4th. The scene opens with a Cubs game at Wrigley Field when all of a sudden these asteroids come flying out of the sky and collide with the outfield. First baseman Derrick Lee at at bat when it happens, and he starts running away as fast as he can. This is when I realize I'm not watching the action, I'm part of it! The next thing I know, all the Transformers characters, the cars anyway, are racing down the highway in a free-for-all winner take all race to the finish line. So I'm in...I guess my car, who really knows...right in the middle of it all, when I see a Diet Pepsi van racing right up against a Diet Coke van. I guess one was good, one was evil? Then I woke up. I had to jot this down before I forgot it, as I forget so many neat dreams sometimes.

I know I posted about this last week, but just in case you were a little curious about what all the fuss is about, watch this:



I have been informed by Cari that we will more then likely be able to go see it on Opening Day!! I really hope there's a movie theater somewhere out there that will do (or give away) something special since this will be the highlight of my year lol.

I've always enjoyed road trips. Ever since I was a little kid I always managed to use my imagination to make boring things seem more fun then they really are. My motto is, "If something isn't any fun, think about it in another light". Man does this come in handy when I'm in some kind of waiting room. All my life I showed a knack for remembering the most useless information. Phone numbers, songs, movies, tc shows, insignificant events, I could go on and on. In fact, I think I have ha ha. If you've ever seen National Lampoon's Vacation, you know that something could go horribly wrong at any given time. We're hoping for a bit better result this weekend lol.

Nothing really earth-shaking to say this week. Life is good, and when we get back all my attention will shift towards being a part of movie history. You know what I mean.

No comments: