Friday, September 14, 2007

"A New Toy"

So Cari takes Emmy to Toys 'R' Us to use some of her gift cards she got for her birthday...and she comes home with this "American Idol" karaoke machine. It has 12 pre-loaded songs and the other players even get to play judge. So we broke it out to see who would "win"...

CIMG0103
Emmy: "I hear the train a comin'
It's rolling round the bend
And I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when,
I'm stuck in Folsom prison, and time keeps draggin' on
But that train keeps a rollin' on down to San Antone..
When I was just a baby my mama told me. Son,
Always be a good boy, don't ever play with guns.
But I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die
When I hear that whistle blowing, I hang my head and cry.."

Me: "Um...wow...you even got the baritone voice down! Okay Zach, let's see ya top THAT!"

CIMG0105
Zach: "I keep a close watch on this heart of mine
I keep my eyes wide open all the time
I keep the ends out for the tie that binds
Because you're mine, I walk the line

I find it very, very easy to be true
I find myself alone when each day is through
Yes, I'll admit that I'm a fool for you
Because you're mine, I walk the line..."

Me: "Um...well, ya nailed it man...what's going on around here anyway?"

In the end both of them were winners...as Simon would say, "You weren't horrible."

If you noticed a theme in the previous songs, it's because this week back in 2003 Johnny Cash passed away at age 71. I never really gave him a second thought until we rented "Walk The Line" with Joaquin Pheonix and Reese Witherspoon. Man was that a great movie. It had everything, from romance to great tunes. My cousin Josh is really into them and now I know why. He really has an ear for music. As I'm typing this David Letterman is reading his "Fun Facts" and one of them was "Due to accidentally washing his clothes in hot water, Johnny Cash was briefly known as the 'Man In Gray'". LOL. What are the odds?

I wonder how different my life would be if I pined for someone I never thought I would have. Lots of self-doubt, some regret I'm sure. I was never one to wait around for something like that. Better to give it all ya got from time to time, and this would be one of those times. I consider myself very fortunate to have found someone that has provided me two awesome kids and a reason to not only wake up in the morning but to look forward to it.

Cari's birthday is tomorrow. I previously mentioned some gift ideas but they all took either a lot of money or a lot of time. So I got her something I hope she will like. She already knows where I got it but would never guess what it was heh heh. Since we're squeezing in lyrics today, here are some from my fave group (Beatles):

"A friend says that your love
won't mean a lot
And you know that your love
is all you've got
At times things are so fine
and at times they're not
But when she says she loves you,
that means a lot."

"A friend says that a love
is never true
And you know that this
don't apply on you
A touch can mean so much
when it's all you've got
When she says she loves you
that means a lot."

"Love can be deep inside,
love can be suicide
Can't you see you can't hide
what you feel when it's real..."

"A friend says that your love
won't mean a lot
And you know that your love
is all you've got
A touch can mean so much
when it's all you've got
When she says she loves you
that means a lot."


I love you Cari...happy birthday. We may play bingo tomorrow night!!

No comments: