Friday, September 28, 2007

"What Makes You Happy?"

As you may or may not remember, last week I had posted about things that made me personally feel sad. Well, we're doing a complete 180 here this morning and now I would like to run down a few of the things that get the ol' mojo working:

1. Staying up late on nights I don't have to work the next day.

Now this may seem more like a junior high quirk, and I agree. But some things never go away I guess. I really enjoyed setting up my collection in the garage during my vacation week. Usually I'd stay up till 1:30 or so. Was I accomplishing anything? Ehh...who knows.

2. Buying toys.

Hey, who didn't see this coming right? I really searched myself one day and kind of wondered why I enjoy it so much. Here's what I came up with. It wasn't like I was deprived of anything growing up. In fact I had quite a lot of toys that would probably be worth some money today. But I took the Transformers apart with a screwdriver to kind of unravel the mystery of how they worked. Unfortunately, the myserty is still preserved as not only did I not see how they worked, but now I couldn't get them back together again. Now at the time I was outgrowing them anyway, but man I wish I had stored them all properly. Maybe this regret has manifested itself to the point that would explain my paranoia about opening anything ha ha. Sometimes I wonder if there's any point to it. Sometimes I check out everything I have and take a little pride in it.

3. Seeing my kids smile.

This one is kind of a no-brainer eh? Nothing makes me happier then doing something for them that makes them happy. Even something as small as going to the QT (our local gas/convienence store) and getting a Slurpee or going to the park is usually all it takes. They're so much fun at this age and I would like to enjoy as much of it as I can. Of course, when they hit 14 or so their wants and needs will take a little more money and a little less Slurpee ha ha.

Oh, and by the way, I GOT THE JOB! I had interviewed three times at TransAmerica Insurance over the course of the last month and last night as I was heading home they called me and offered me the position. 30% raise plus no weekends/no holidays and an office that's actually professional, not like this goofy place. My first day is October 8 so now I have to decide if I want to go out to Richardson (hour and a half away) for three days or just take the week off. I don't think we can afford that though...(sigh)...but man, nothing's bringing me down today. I've pretty much goofed off today which, hey, I've earned it. I really have.



Emmy: "Look Dad, we helped you fold the laundry!"

Me: "Um...yeah...I'm sort of going to go ahead and disagree with you there..."

Zach: "Emily is about to write on my head Dad...what should I do?"

Me: "Easy...put a legal pad on your head and hope for the best!"

Zach: "You're really a lot of help, you know that?"

No comments: