Saturday, December 22, 2007

"I've Got To Admit...It's Getting Better..."

A little better...all the time...can't get much worse. One of my favourite Beatles' songs just might apply here. Finally, after much ballyhooing and grandstanding, the state approved my unemployment claim. What is it with these people that they have to do this at Christmas time? I'm just thankful beyond belief that I didn't get screwed over (again). I guess when prayer is basically all you have, you really see what God can do for you. During this whole time I just kept wondering why me? Why did this happen to me? This will be priority one when I get to Heaven. Not that I'm being presumptious, mind you. I have to get there first right? That's my plan anyway. I just hate not knowing why lousy things happen to (somewhat) decent people. I'd really like some insight into that. One day.

Took the kids to the "flower gardens" Thursday. One plus of not working is being able to spend some time with them during the holidays. This was starting to be like the worst Christmas ever but now that we won't be broke it just might be great. We got to look at some groovy lights too.

CIMG0060
I like this shot due to the waterfall picking up the flash from the camera.

CIMG0025
This one I just love. Everytime I see it I will always wonder what they were thinking.

Christmas is three days away! Still hard to believe. I did pick up some egg nog the other day. It's just not Christmas without it.

No comments: