Saturday, December 08, 2007

"They Say It's Your Birthday!"

Well it's my birthday too yeah! 33 years old today. Up until yesterday I was still feeling quite down about the events that had unfolded the last week. And then...I got the best present I could have imagined. Cari's office called me and set me up for an interview next Wednesday at CorpHealth in Fort Worth. And the best part is, it's a job that (hopefully) won't be too much time on the phone. After what happened at lousy Aegon, I'm not too big of a fan of customer service jobs. I'm slowly moving past the grave injustice that has been thrust upon me. And if you know anything about me, you would agree it was an injustice.



Found this from Dr Smoov the other day and never have I laughed so hard. What's unfortunate is that as against swearing as I am, it's the swearing that makes this so funny.

So what do I want for this, my 33rd birthday? Mmm, to be honest with you I don't really know. I've asked for gift cards to a few places, but that's about it. We're going out tonight for a little bowling plus my free birthday meal at Taipan, can't forget about that. Then tomorrow we're going to my mom's house since mine and Keri's birthdays are so close together we'll do the two-for-one special ha ha. I hope she likes what we got her. Actually what Cari got her. I love her. She really goes out of her way to really get a great present for someone. If it were up to me I'd get everyone gift cards and call it a day ha ha. Actually, in 1999 everyone got Circuit City gift cards which I ordered online. I'm just so bad at getting everyone a specific present just for them but Cari never seems to have that problem. I try to tell her how much she means to me as much as I can but it never feels like enough.


Zach: "Dad, are we living the High Life?"
Me: "Oh we sure are! Although I am a little worried about the guy in the boat behind you."

Took Zach to the park Wednesday. It was F-R-E-E-Z-I-N-G!! Zach didn't mind though.
It's been really cool spending time with just him this week. Not that I don't want Emmy with me as well. He just seems a little calmer when he's not being chased or being asked to chase someone else ha ha. He is so entertaining. And I can sense he will be compassionate and sharing to other people one of these days. Once he can talk a little better there will be no stopping him.

Wish me luck next Wednesday. If I get this then it will be just a little clearer why what happened happened.

No comments: