Tuesday, January 08, 2008

"One Great Week (So Far)..."

...and it isn't even over! My darling of a wife sends me this e-mail for a job at HealthMarkets, so after thinking about it for a while, I decide to give them a call. I had to think about if I want to get back into customer service after the debacle that our whole family had to endure, but unemployment won't last forever. So I call them up and it turns out it pays more then Aegon which immediately got my attention. The hours are a bit strange (10am-7pm) but not so much that I wouldn't ever see my family. So I met with a very nice lady yesterday who just loved me and she called me today and set up the last interview for next week. I hate to say this, but...I think I'm getting excited about things again. That last month or so I've wondered off and on if I could ever be successful in any kind of profession. It's time to find out what I can do with my life.

As it turns out, there are quite a bit of minerals and things under our land and a company called Paloma Barnett gave us $3,800 plus 25% royalty to get it out! This takes care of all our credit card debt which rocks. What would be great is if they found some oil somewhere close to us. Something tells me that's worth a little money.

Plus, after thinking I left my wallet at dinner last night, I ended up cleaning a lot of our room looking for it only to have Emily reveal it was on her bed the whole day. She rocks.

Can you believe it's been 25 years since GIJoe started producing 3 3/4" figures for kids of all ages? I had a bunch and now...*poof* gone. Of course that was 20 years ago. But now they've released some tributes honouring the best of the best. Here's one I found at Target:

Duke and Cobra Commander
Duke and Cobra Commander
Pretty neat eh? There are a few others they had but this one reflects the ultimate battle.

I'm not used to having such job worries. It's been a while since I had to worry about that. Wish me luck.

No comments: