Saturday, February 23, 2008

"My Kingdom for a Tooth!"

CIMG0319
Yes, after many months of "How come I can't lose a tooth?" and "How come other kids lost a tooth already?", Emmy has finally lost her first tooth!! It had been loose for literally six months and finally it just popped out! The tooth fairy even came by and left her ten dollars! Now correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't it used to be a quarter? And even when I did get a quarter, there was always a note "advising" me what to do with it. Like saving it. Drag right? Kids will never learn how to save money until they are shown not only how to do it but why it is so important to get in the habit of doing it regularly. Emmy actually owes us like $13 from a library book she lost and then we found only after we had to buy it from the library for $8. Then I gave her $7 to give to the lunch room for her lunches and somehow that came up missing. However, I did tell her I would give her $1 each time she cleaned her room really well or put away the clothes from her laundry basket. So far that's...twice lol. But she's learning. I think it's amazing how kids can be so smart in certain areas and so apathetic in others. Zach on the other hand has to have things picked up most of the time. We used to think he liked doing it but I think he needs to know things are picked up. Every house can use a Monica I guess lol.

Finished my third week for HealthMarkets and now I'm finally starting to get the hang of all this stuff. Do you have any idea how hard it is to act like you know what's going on when most of it doesn't make any sense? But now I've been on kind of a roll. There are always games and stuff to keep it lively and lately I've been winning points for our team because I've started doing something I should have started doing years ago: stop making things harder then they are. That's been my life story up until this point. I always seem to put myself in a position where I have to be kind of on edge and hope I don't get fired instead of excelling in what I do and being an asset and not a liability. This shall be my mission.

Zach got his first Build-A-Bear last week! That meant trading something in that had been an important part of his life: his pacifier. Or as he called it, his "pappy" ha ha. I have one too but I never know what to get for him.

CIMG0312
Zach: "Hey Dad, what should I name my bear?"
Me: "Oh, I don't know...I couldn't bear to name him ha ha."
Zach: "Oh man was that bad."
Me: "Well, you'll just have to grin and bearit ha ha. Just a cross you'll have to bear."

(groans from...well, everyone)

No comments: