Saturday, February 09, 2008

"One Fun Night Coming Up!"

And it's about time! It's been a while since Cari and I had a night out sans kids. Their grandma Mary is hanging onto them tonight and we are going to a lovely dinner...somewhere. I proposed Cheesecake Factory since we have a $50 gift card plus everything they have there rocks. Too bad I get the same thing all the time ha ha. Well, not tonight. I'm going to try my darndest to get something I've never gotten before. Of course I say that and then I get the tons 'o' fun burger. But man, it's so good! Maybe see a movie too. I think I got a good night's sleep last night so I should be up for it.

Man what a Super Bowl! If I was a betting man I would have lost a bundle. Good thing I never ever bet on sports lol. I think it's obvious the better team won Sunday. Who wants it more? Who's willing to push themselves a little harder to achieve their goals? This is what it comes to not just in the NFL, but in life. Which is why I am looking forward to seeing what I can do at HealthMarkets. Now granted, it's only been a week and we've only started learning about a few things, but everyone there seems to enjoy what they do. I'm not looking forward to being on the phone all day, but I can transfer out of that sometime around August 4th. But I may not get the bonuses and incentives this job has if I switch. Ah well. Long time down the road.

My plan was to design an amusement park to trump the other one I made. Kind of took some heat from the wife for spending so much time working on it, but now that it's finished I don't think I have the energy to make another one. And now, let me reveal...Garden State!:


Here is the entrance. I decided to make the first 25% completely surrounded in flowers and trees, plus I made some water rides rivers themselves and put bridges over them.


Once you leave the garden, you come across the subwat station where you can take the train to another part of the park. I put food courts on top of both sides of the loading station and added some skyscrapers to create an urban atmosphere kind of different from what the customers just left.

Here is my fruit candy island. One of them is called Starburst and the other is called Skittles. In the background you can see my winter go-kart island.


This is one of my favourite attractions. Two river rapids run next to each other for a while then split off in their own direction. I added waterfalls in and out of the walls and had rapids run underneath the waiting lines.

Time well spent? Nah. But sometimes the left brain needs a little stimulation right?

Dr. Phil had a show on last night where a 16-year old girl was pregnant and her parents had no idea until the high school principal called them and told them. Isn't that a great way to find that out? We usually only hear about the girls who wind up pregnant before they reach 18 and not about the ones that don't. Which might be a good thing since it sounds like for the most part most girls don't. In my opinion the number one reason this happens is due to one thing: ignorance. Parents simply do not talk about the risks and responsibility of sex with their kids until it's too late. I know no one talked to me about it. If I hadn't been so shy and awkward around girls when I was in high school (yes, it's true) I probably would have had sex with any girl who asked. Which probably would have led to me being a parent at 16 or 17 or whenever. Which would have led to my parents not wanting me around. One thing I try and teach my kids is that one choice leads to another and another. Life is never "pass the test and relax". Each day something new may pop up and you have to have the resources to handle it. Now granted I have been fortunate to have people in my life that have been there for me and I will never underestimate the power of a support circle. But it's also important to know that sometimes...it's just you...

1 comment:

Kenny said...

Geez, your park is insane!