Friday, February 15, 2008

"Valentine's Presents!"

And we got what everyone else seems to have: an MP3 player! They're 2GB which holds about 500 songs so it will take a while for us to go through all of them. The first 25 songs came from this CD:


Bought this at Virgin megastore and I have to say it might be the best $19 I ever spent. Well, maybe not THE best $19...but I am really enjoying listening to the latest work from one of my favourite singers ever. What's funny is the guy who turned me on to him kind of lost interest and hasn't kept up on his life events. And man what a crooked road it's been. I mentioned about 2 years ago how he finally accepted his sexuality (yep, he's out) and moved from Australia to the United Kingdom just so he could get married to some guy. Didn't know who that was exactly until I bought this CD but it's some guy named Richard. And man does Darren gush about him lol. I guess when you find what they have you want the world to know. One of the songs is called "Sing To Me" and it is just beautiful. Here are the lyrics:

You step behind a curtain/In a moment you were gone
Nothing's ever certain/And it's hard to carry on

This is not what we planned/And I know its hard to understand
But if this isn't what you want then
If this isn't what you need pry my fingers from your hand

And maybe it's just meant to be
Maybe you'll find a way to haunt me
Come back and sing a melody to me

Maybe we're just lost at sea
Maybe I'm holding on to driftwood
And I'll be alright if you could
Sing to me
Sing to me

You step beneath the landslide/Nothing feels right when you're wrong
And try to find an upside/Try to sing without a song

This is not what we planned
And I know its hard to understand
But if this isn't what you want then

And maybe it's just meant to be
Maybe you'll find a way to haunt me
Come back and sing a melody to me

Maybe we're just lost at sea
Maybe I'm holding on to driftwood
And I'll be alright if you could
Sing to me
Sing to me

I keep seeing flashes of your hands/When I close my eyes
And I don't know why/And I don't know why

Help me make sense of what I don't understand/'Cause I've gotta know why
I've gotta know why
Tell me why do you sing to me?

And maybe it's just meant to be
That you would sing to me
Maybe we're just lost at sea
Could you come sing for me?

And maybe it's just meant to be
Maybe we're just lost at sea
Would you come sing for me?
Sing for me

The music is perfect for the words too. I wish I could put something like this together. Of course then I'd have to go on tour and never get to see my family, so...maybe I'll leave it up to the pros.

We had our 401K party last night at the Arlington Convention Center. Despite the fact I only knew like 15 people (there were over 1,000 there) I had a pretty good time. They put money in little plush animals and threw them to us. I managed to get two of them and won $15. Plus, I missed winning $1,000 by one number on my raffle ticket...ah well. Win some, lose some. But hey, when you get to leave work at 1pm just to go to it, can ya really complain?

Last week I posted some pics from my super RCT park "Garden State" which a few people were impressed with. So then I went to YouTube and typed in "RCT". Quite a few came up but this one was really fun to watch:


My computer is just slow enough that it can't play the 3rd RCT where you can ride the rides. Hopefully me and Navid can build the ultimate system one day and I can get it.

Also on YouTube (really dwelling on that today lol) are a lot of Transformers stop-motion videos from people who were actually foolish enough to open their items. Here's a recreation of the scene from the movie where Bumblebee is chasing Sam to protect him and Barricade is chasing everyone:


Too funny. Will get more of them on here at some point.

Back to Darren for a bit. He was married for a while but I guess he was living a lie too. I've seen too many times on Oprah and Dr Phil where someone was in that same situation and were so afraid that their parents would disown them that they kept it to themselves which led to them being miserable. I would rather my kids know that if this is who they are then they can come and tell me and know that I will never shun them or make them feel like they aren't welcome in my home. Because without them there is no family. Dear Abby posted a letter about a mom whose son came out to her and she ended up distancing herself from him for years. Only when she had become ill and couldn't take care of herself did things change. Her son invited her to move out to...Arizona I think...wherever he was...and stay with him and his partner. She accepted reluctantly and moved and was cared for lovingly by them. She regretted every single day she kept to herself and hoped her letter would inspire other parents not to be so single-minded toward their kids. Is there anything so bad that a parent would stop loving their child? Ehh...probably. But being true to oneself can't be one of them.

No comments: