Friday, February 01, 2008

"Super Bowl Sunday!"

Well, almost. In three days the country, and dare I say the world will be watching quite eagerly to see if ye olde New England Patriots can go 19-0 and do what only the 1972 Dolphins have done. Perfection. Can they do it? Well, if they don't, then the season will seem like such a huge disappointment won't it? 18-1 and a Super Bowl loss. But does anyone really see that happening? Nah, and here's why: they get to play the New York Giants, who managed to Slip-N-Slide their way into the big show by beating the Buccaneers (probable), our beloved Cowboys (highly unlikely), and the Green Bay Packers (impossible). When all is said and done, this may go down in the record books as one of the biggest mis-matches ever. Time will tell I guess. But this day is not just about who wins and who loses. There are other, just as important reason why we must gather to stare at the tv:

1. The commercials

These just get better and better each year. Here's one I really enjoyed:


This is the one with the Clydesdales playing football and the zebra comes in after the play to see if they got the first down. Definitely one for the ages.

2. The squares

You may know what this is about. Everyone buys a square on a 10 x 10 grid and if your numbers match up with the score after each quarter you can win some cool cash! So far I have won...$0. But that number could rise any minute!

3. The food

I have heard rumours there will be a brisket available at my brother-in-law's house which has my taste buds coming alive with pleasure...but in a good way, ya know? Plus some other goodies will be there as well, including what we're bringing...which may be...a cake? Who knows. But it definitely adds to the enjoyment.

New job starts Monday. Really anxious to have my own paycheck coming in and not the state's. My wish list for now includes a new camcorder and some printer ink cartridges. Soon...soon. Not that I was ever into believing the more things you have, the happier you are. Of course I said that when I was poor which helped ease the pain lol. Plus a new car wouldn't be so bad. I only say that because my 1997 Sentra is now 11 years old and what once was a mighty athlete is now a third stringer hanging on by a thread. But this is the life of an athlete. What he worked so hard for gets harder to hang onto year after year. Hopefully there's enough fight in the ol' war wagon for a couple more years. That's been a great car though. Only now is it kind of costing me some money to take care of it which is remarkable considering the previous high I had a car was three years, and I've had this one for seven. Still...I've never owned a brand new car before, except for the one we have now, plus we'd get a minivan when we do get a new one. A van that has DVD players and screens and all kinds of gadgets hopefully. Soon...soon.

No comments: