Monday, December 01, 2008

"The Girls Are Back In Town!...."

Well, from Azle to Arlington that is. Emmy and Cari came home from their luxurious weekend of relaxation and fun at the annual Girl Scout camping trip. And by luxorious, I mean they had a roof over their head and didn't have to go outside to use the can. When I picked them up Emmy wanted to stay longer and play and Cari couldn't get the car door open fast enough ha ha. It's a shame sometimes that things we loved to do when we were young are now work. I hope she had some fun though. Here are a few pix:

Emmy's Girl Scout Campout 2008
Emmy: "I didn't know we would be earning a badge in deerslaying..."
Girl Scout Leader: "Oh sure! Just look at Bambi burn!"
Rest of girls: (crying) "We killed Bambi!? Awwww...."
Girl Scout Leader: "Soup's on! Who wants white meat"

Emmy's Girl Scout Campout 2008
Cari: "So Emmy, how do you like your tofu S'More?"
Emmy: "Eww!! There's tofu in these things? What's tofu?"
Cari: "It's a mushroom-like substance that is supposed to be healthy for you!"
Emmy: "Ohhh...that isn't the answer I was looking for."

Emmy's Girl Scout Campout 2008
Girls: "Why do we have to hitchhike anyway?"
Girl Scout Leader: "Because we had to sell the van to pay for all that stuff we bought at the antique shop."
Girls: "And um...just how do you plan on getting that stuff home anyway?"
Girl Scout Leader: "Um...perhaps this plan should have been thought out a little better?"

Wow, that sounds like a real fun time! Much more fun then me and Zach had. All we did was go to Jack In The Box Friday night and watch Wiggles movies...then Saturday we woke up and had pancakes and went to see my dad or "Greendad" as we prefer to call him. I wanted to take Zach to the Galleria to see the Christmas tree but wouldn't ya know it he fell asleep on the way home. So we did the next best thing: Stopped by Taco Bell, put him to bed, and played internet poker all night ha ha. But we had a great time together. I hope he turns out half as well as Emmy has.

Hey, my birthday is next week! The big 3-4!! What do I want? Well, I made a list but I don't remember what is on it. My dad wanted to know some things but I still haven't sent him a list yet. Would love the 'Boys to win a playoff game!! Maybe they'll win one this year just because it's what I asked for ha ha.

Here's a quiz I took recently:




You Are a Tootsie Roll Pop



It only takes three licks to get to your center!



Who woulda thought? I always think of myself as a Twix bar...chewy outside, crunchy inside and sweet enough to give you a coronary! Ah well.

The lights are starting to come out and play now that it's Christmastime. Will have to take some good pics soon. Emmy wrote her letter to Santa. Very interesting. Will have that for you next time as well. I don't feel very good so I will end this by saying "Don't want what you don't have unless it will make you a better person."

No comments: