Monday, December 22, 2008

"The Six Day of Christmas?"

Seriously! Between my family and Cari's family, we're pretty numerous and equally as busy. So we have to find moments to celebrate the holidays when we can. Sometimes it seems like a runaway train! Here is a synopsis of what we have done this week:

Saturday night 12-20:

Mom and Keri came over Saturday night so we could have our own celebration since we don't normally see Mom on Christmas Day. It was a real fun time. They even brought dinner! Afterwards we had a few treats and opened some presents. Of course I taped the whole thing. Hey, I got a new toy and I'm gonna use it! I got some great Simpsons pajamas, a car washing kit for Zach and Emmy to use-I mean, for all of us to use ha ha. Plus we got some gift cards for some great places and Zach and Emmy got some great stuff too:

Christmas 2008
Simpsons pajamas...what'll they think of next!

Sunday afternoon 12-21:

We went to Grandma's house to get together with my dad and his family since they won't be there Christmas Day...again. I'm just assuming they'll never be there again. But they brought Boston Market for us and we had a nice time. I got some cool DS games and we got a Walmart gift card. Zach got the same pajamas my mom gave him but he needs them so we're keeping them:

Christmas 2008
Found that at Blockbuster one night and knew he would love it...and he did!

Sunday night 12-21:

Went to Aunt Glenda's for some ham! Everyone was actually there this time! Even cousin Josh. Miraculously he has upgraded his tent to a U-Haul so we're all pretty proud of him. After dinner we gathered around the table o' presents for our gift exchange game. You know, the one where you draw numbers and the higher the number the better. Emmy even wanted to play this year! I'm always impressed by her. She brought a target gift card and left with a giant pair of Dallas Maverick slippers! They're so cool looking. I may have to "borrow" them. Cari got some wine goblets that she assures me will look great on to pof our cupboards. And I got a gift card to Olive Garden! Emmy may want to "borrow" that one ha ha. Then, either before or after all that, Aunt Susie produced a tape of our Christmas Even back in 1984! Oh man was that tough to watch. Me and my bowl haircut. Of course, everyone else had one too ha ha. Man, brought back a lot of memories. Apparently my family put on a sketch of some sort and I disrupted everything by, "letting one go". What's funny is, I don't even remember doing that skit. Of course, I was only 10 at the time, but still...

Christmas Eve 12-24:

Went to church mass then went to the inlaws for some snacks and presents! What I had asked for I got! Some Tommy cologne, Dark Knight on DVD, and the prize: my very own Dallas Cowboys pullover fleece with pockets! I love it. Now all it has to do is get cold, which around here is easier said then done:

Christmas 2008
Pixos! Make anything with 'em! Emmy has enough Pixos to last her years.

Christmas 2008
Zach got some cool things too! But man...really trying to remember what they were. Too numerous to count!

Christmas Morning 12-25:

Ahh, the big day has arrived! And I do believe Zach and Emmy got everything under the sun!:

Christmas 2008
Girlcrush? Apparently it's a thing where girls can dye their hair. Oh joy. Glad we have that lol. Actually she tried it out and blue just might work for her on the day she interviews for the CEO position at Microsoft.

Christmas 2008
Hef? is that you? ha ha. I did get Cari a few things she had been wanting. A new 4GB MP3 player that plays videos and a new watch! I got a cool book featuring the country's most popular roadside attractions. Can't wait to look through it.

Christmas lunch 12-25:

Went to grandma and grandpa's house for a great lunch and a gift exchange Chinese style. We're so mean. We steal things from the smaller kids with no remorse or feeling. Emmy had a Bluetooth she had unwrapped and really lost it when it was stolen from her. We kept trying to explain to her she needed a cell phone to use it with and all she kept saying was "Well I can just use yours Mom!" Well, she wound up with a fondue set (our 3rd) and Cari and I wound up with a Target gift card. All in all, a fun time:

Christmas 2008
I'm to the right of the door on the porch. We took it outside since it decided to be 75 on Christmas!

Whew, what a week! Such a runaround it seems. I truly believe this was our best Christmas ever. We both have really good jobs, Zach is old enough to want to open presents instead of playing with things he already has. I have my new camcorder that i have been capturing all of this with. Now I just have to figure out what to do with all this footage. The software is making it very difficult to make a video CD, so...we shall see. I hope whoever reads this is creating memories of their own for this time of year. In the end, it will be all we take with us.

No comments: