Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"An Arboretum Day!"

Yes, the time of year has come along where we saddle up in the ol' car, pick up Mom and head out to the Dallas Arboretum where they had not only the Autumn Harvest for the fall, plus they had these houses erected from different kids' stories throughout history. Pretty cool! Here are a few pix:

Fall @ The Dallas Arboretum 10-17-09
Wow, a house made out of sod! I guess when there are no trees or bricks around, you use...sod.

Fall @ The Dallas Arboretum 10-17-09
Emmy: "Hey Dad, is it true that people used to live in these things?"
Me: "It sure is! However I didn't see a cable hook-up or phone line."
Zach: "Come on Dad, do you think they had those things in the 19th century?"
Me: "They didn't?"

What do I know anyway, right?

I got a friggin' speeding ticket Friday! And worse, it was in a school zone. For some reason I thought it was 40 so I zoomed for like four seconds. When I realized what I was doing I slowed down, but not before Joe Law saw me and pulled me over. ARGGH!!!

Halloween is coming up!! I used to love going out and walking the streets. In a legal way, of course. Now I get to watch my kids do the same thing. I'm not sure if I want to bring a camera or the camcorder. I took a ton of pics at the Arboretum so I will try to get them all on here. This Friday we're going to the YMCA for their Halloween party. Good times right?

No comments: