Wednesday, October 28, 2009

"All Good Things..."

...must come to an end, right? Isn't that what they say? Well, even though Emmy still has three more soccer games, Zach's five-game season has mercifully, finally, concluded. Why do I say mercifully? Well, to put it mildly, Zach wasn't exactly enthused about hitting the field with the other kids. I have roughly one hour of videotape of him holding down the field by standing in one place...or by sitting on his ball. As Lady GaGa would say, Eh Eh...nothing else I can say. He doesn't like to play and I hate to push him into doing it. Here are some high-speed action shots:

Zach's First Soccer Game 9-19-09
The more I look at this picture, the more it looks PhotoShopped. Never happened.

Zach's First Soccer Game 9-19-09
Zach: "Whew! I need a drink! I'm bushed!"
Me: "Bushed!? From kicking the ball one time?"
Zach: "Um, YEAH? Takes a lot out of you!"

Zach's First Soccer Game 9-19-09
When he kicks the ball like that, it looks like he's playing Dance Dance Revolution ha ha.

Zach's First Soccer Game 9-19-09
Zach: "Whew! Time for another drink!"

(sigh)

Maybe he'll like it one day. He tends to think with his head more then other kids. Not that he doesn't make a wrong choice every now and then, but...I know he'll be a great adult. It will be very interesting to see him in kindergarten. I predict he'll be the class brain and class clown simultaneously.

We still need to plan his party. I'm proposing a McDonald's party and seems to have some support. There are two places a kid should get to have a party. I mentioned the first one a few words ago. The second is Chuck E. Cheese! I had a party there when I was 12. Was one of the best times of my life. I remember getting the complete set of Constructicons Transformers from my parents. If I knew then it would be worth some bucks I never would have opened it up. But, being a kid, what did I care right? Now they're all gone, but the memory lives on. Each day of our lives becomes its' own photo album, filed away at the end of the day and never to be re-lived again except by locating it, opening it up, and reminiscing. I swear, my mind lives in the past, present, and future most of the time. Maybe that's why Cari says I never listen ha ha.

We're getting our pumpkins tonight!! We usually get them a week before Halloween, but last weekend was one long blur so we never did. I'm picking Emmy up from her church class then it's across the street to Kroger's! They have the biggest pumpkins and cheap too! Once they have been carved of course they will probably pop up on here. Zach told me he is going to help me carve it. Just what I need, a three-year old with a talent for using little pumpkin cutters!

No comments: