Friday, October 09, 2009

"One Productive Weekend!"

It is very rare that a weekend comes and goes and I feel like I got the most out of it. It seems like all I ever do is clean, clean, clean and the house still looks like trolls and goats live here. But this weekend was a little different. I managed to get the kitchen floor mopped so that it looks (almost) as good as when we moved in. Plus I got the laundry done. I was bushed! I normally do the laundry because once everything is washed and dried, I sit myself in front of the television set and fold away while watching such sophisticated fare as the Cowboys game or "Friends". I try to do as much as I can around the house because Cari does so much on the other side of the spectrum. She makes sure all the bills are in order and always seems to know what we have money for and what we don't. Plus she picks up the kids everyday and always knows where Emmy is going on an off-day. I try to let her know that we appreciate everything she does. Which is why…

…I have planned a date night for us! Total surprise! We're going to the Dallas Arboretum this Saturday with Mom after Zach's "soccer game". Is it really a game when all Zach does is stand there and watch the other kids play? Then when you try to nudge him towards the other kids he breaks down and cries. As Chris Farley in Tommy Boy would say in his gayest voice, "That's a mystery!" All we can do is let him play when he wants to...whenever that will be. Anyways, we're going to lunch then to the Gardens. But what Cari (or the kids) don't know, is that after we leave and drop Mom off, the kids will be dropped off with her! Big surprise planned here folks! We have a gift card to P.F. Chang's which we have had for almost a year but haven't used it yet. I really haven't surprised her in about 4 years. I had her parents watch Emmy then I took her to dinner. I wanted to take her to see Phantom Of The Opera (the movie) but it was sold out. So we went and saw "Meet The Fockers"…quite a contrast eh?

Truth is, I like doing things for her. Any chance I get I try to make something happen. I know she doesn't always have time to do things she wants. Heck, no parent does. At least no good parent does. Bad parents have all the time in the world, right? I guess what I'm trying to say is…never let moments go un-seized and don't be afraid to wait for the right ones. They're usually closer then you think.

No comments: