Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"The Passing Of A Legend..."

Yes, unfortunately, all good things have to come to an end, and On Sunday 11-15-09 Grandpa passed away at the age of 87. We got together Sunday night, my family that is, and basically just hung out trying to plan his service and keep Grandma company as best we could. Then Tuesday night we went to the viewing and it was then that the whole thing really kind of hit me. He looked so peaceful and it was a little hard to see him laying down like that. Keri and Dean were great in putting together a slide show of pictures of his life. I watched it a couple of times. Even though there were some embarrasing pictures of me (aren't they all? lol) I saw Grandpa at my age and it was very cool to see more then a little resemblance. Today is the funeral and I am proud to be one of the pallbearers. I don't know how I will react to the service but as long as I'm not blubbering like an idiot I think I will be okay. Anyways...here are some of my favourite pics of Grandpa that I was lucky enough to capture:

Four generations!
My 30th birthday. Emmy was only 3!

Get me my Marks-a-Lot!
Christmas 2004. Nothing better then crossword pajama pants!

Zach with Grandma Grandpa
The day Zachary was born. You never saw a prouder great-grandpa ever! Knowing that our name will continue to live on was very important to him.

Christmas 2005
Christmas 2005. This one will always be my favourite.

Maude Moore's 90th Birthday
This was in 2007 for a friend's 90th birthday. I always tried to get as many pictures of all four of us as possible. Four generations is a big deal!

Grandpa turns 85!
This was his 85th birthday. What better gift for a former Navy man right?

Labour Day 2007
Labour Day 2007. This is one of my all time favourites. All five of the Overall men in one picture.

Canyon Is 2!
This was at Canyon's 2nd birthday. How many people could say they had a great-grandson older then their grand-daughter? Funny how life works out sometimes.

To be honest, it was kind of neat putting this post together. Going down Memory Lane is never a bad idea and right now I cannot think of anything better. Rest In Peace Grandpa. We will always miss you and never forget you.

No comments: