Friday, November 06, 2009

"Hurts So...Bad!"

Yes, the usually healthy feeling-good me has been in extreme pain since Sunday morning. I woke up and my right foot was throbbing. I could still walk, but as the day went on it hurt more and more. Finally, by Thursday it hadn't gone away but had in fact gained strength, so I went to the doctor and they took some blood and did an x-ray. The good news is, a girl who sits right next to me had the same thing so they did the same things for her and found out she had strep down there! Weird, wild stuff. Hopefully that is what it is so they can prescribe an anti-biotic and that should do the trick. You never realize how much you need your tootsies until they throb in pain constantly. At least they gave me Vicodin to soothe some of the pain until they know what's going on.

Halloween was great! We started out trick or treating in our neighborhood and found a total of two houses with their porch light on. And no one was even at home at one of them. So we went to Cari's parent's neighborhood and people really went all out decorating their houses and scaring people. A guy in a gorilla costume hid behind a tree and really scared Emmy ha ha.

Here are a few more pix from our trip to the Arboretum. I wanted to put more on here a while back but time keeps on slipping...slipping...into the future...anyways:

Fall @ The Dallas Arboretum 10-17-09
I love this shot! Instead of big gigantic sprinklers they use these misters which create a ghostly appearance, even in daylight.

"Weeping Blue Atlas Cedar"
Fall @ The Dallas Arboretum 10-17-09
This thing is huge! Wouldn't want this in my yard. I need to take a chain saw to both of my front yard trees. Someday...

Fall @ The Dallas Arboretum 10-17-09
Mom: "Do you see all these pumpkins Mike?"
Me: "I sure do! I dare you to pick one up and just walk out with it."
Mom: "But Mike, that's stealing!"
Me: "How can it be stealing if there are hundreds of pumpkins laying around?"
Mom: "Good point. I'll start the car..."

Fall @ The Dallas Arboretum 10-17-09
I love this shot. You may not have noticed, but Cari's favourite colour is...GREEN!! One day I'm going to see an outfit of shirt for her that will be green and she doesn't have it. It's a daunting task as I think she owns every green shirt known to man...or woman.

Thanksgiving is coming up soon!! I really enjoy the four day weekend (don't we all?) plus Cari jumps on the "Black Friday" bandwagon and will get up at the crack of dawn and get our Christmas shopping done in one fell swoop. Meanwhile, yours truly gets to sleep in a little until the kids get up, then no one sleeps. I wonder if there are any kids that are aware that they won't be kids forever and just enjoy each day for what it is. I like to think I did, but at the same time I just wanted to be an adult so I could do more of what I wanted to. So many fun times being a kid. Fortunate for us the bad memories tend to fall to the wayside.

No comments: