Friday, July 09, 2010

"Click Click Boom!"

Yes, to quote the title of a Saliva song, the 4th of July has come and gone for another year. But we sure had fun while it was here. We got to see fireworks not once but twice! We even made a drive out to an actual fireworks stand and picked up a few things. Then Saturday and Sunday night we lit all of them! Here are a few pix:

Lighting Fireworks July 2010
Zach: "Hey Dad, when I pose like this who do I remind you of?"
Me: "Um...John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever?"
Camron: "Will it hurt if I light this firecracker I put in my nose?"
Branda: "Oh who cares! I bought Slim Jims instead of fireworks by mistake! I want my $8 back!"

Lighting Fireworks July 2010
Cari: "*cough* what just exploded!?"
Me: "Well, it was either fireworks or my car...which one would be a bigger loss to us as a family?"
Cari: "Mmm, not sure...I really like these fireworks...a little more then your car...no offense."
Me: "None taken."

Lighting Fireworks July 2010
This one is just plain cool. Looks like Desert Storm, 1991. Maybe Piknik will let me add a green tint to it.

Getting ready for our vacation in 11 days!! So far we are planning:

A trip to Dublin, texas to the Dr. pepper bottling plant to see a lot of the behind the scenes stuff

A trip to the Dallas Zoo

A trip to the Palace Of Wax and Ripley's Believe It Or Not! museum

Six Flags sandwiched somewhere in between

Getting really excited. Haven't had a week off since Christmas 2009. I would say it's about time we change that! As a kid I don't remember a whole lot of the vacations we took. I know we went to the Grand Canyon and the Meteor Crater in Arizona when I was about 5 or 6. I had this cool Grand Canyon poster for the longest time. As I got older, I thought it was really dumb so I took it down and now it resides...who knows, really. I'd love to go back in time and tell myself to hang onto a few things. Sometimes I think the meaning of life is not only to make memories but to remember them either mentally or with a couple of visual aids.

No comments: