Thursday, July 29, 2010

"Memories..."

...of the smiles we left behind...misty, watercoloured memories...of the way we were..."

Overall Fab Four
WOW! We're not sure when this picture was taken but the consensus seems to be around 1968. Uncle Dean (top left) Dad (top right) Aunt Becky (bottom left) Aunt Susan (bottom right). I never knew how much Dad and I looked alike at that age until I saw THIS photo. Now if you didn't know we were related it might be hard to tell. Well, not that hard. We both have big noses ha ha.

We bought a Slip 'N' Slide! Now surely you know what those are. If not, here's a funny video:


Now we didn't do anything THIS dramatic, but we still had a good time. A few pix:

Slip 'N' Slide 7-17-10
This one looks like Emily turned into water and then exploded!

Slip 'N' Slide 7-17-10
Poetry in motion!

Slip 'N' Slide 7-17-10
Faster then a speeding bullet!

So we get this e-mail at work that we can't just ask for the days around Christmas off like we have ALWAYS done; instead, we get entered in a drawing and if you get lucky you might get some of the days off you wanted as opposed to all of them. I guess I won't save my days off for December anymore since there's a good chance they won't be used. Plus we can't carry any of it over to the next year. This company has really gone down the craphole. Everyone here jokes that we won't even be open come December. At first I would laugh in their faces but now who knows really? I had this great idea about being off the same time Emily is for her Christmas vacation and now I have to wait and see. I feel like I'm on the Titanic sometimes around here. You want to get into a lifeboat, but at the same time you want to see it sink into the Atlantic...or Pacific...whichever ocean the Titanic sank in. My care level seems to be at an all-time low at work. Will something happen or change to bring it up? Only time will tell.

So I get this ticket last October for speeding in a school zone. My mistake, I admit it. I signed up to do defensive driving which had to be completed by March 22 and sent into the court. I don't even really begin it until April and finish it at the end of June. I mail everything in as a kind of court Hail-Mary and hope for the best. Well, a month later, I get a letter from them stating the ticket had been dismissed. Cari checked the mailbox and saw it and immediately shouts, "Do I wanna know what this is??" Glad to see God was looking out for me on this one. Was He? Sure feels like it. Last thing I need is a suspended license or worse, a warrant hanging over my head. I wonder what pre-requisities God has for what He does. Wouldn't this ticket turning into something worse teach me a lesson about promptness? So by the court not dismissing the ticket I would learn something and ultimately grow as a person? That would be a kind of tough-love answer, sure. So many awful things happen in this world every day but the last thing we do is blame God. We don't dare do that. Or suffer his wrath, right? No one wants that. Ever notice how we never have dreams about Heaven or Hell? At least I don't. The closest I ever came was when I was in this snowy kind of setting, but it wasn't cold. I saw a kid I went to school with, Chucky Calder. I imagine he goes by a different name now. No one wants to be called Chucky their whole life, right? He looked like he would as an adult. For some reason I knew who he was immediately. Other then that, nothing else. Just a coincidence? We'll never know.

No comments: