Friday, March 04, 2011

"One Fun Birthday party!"

Yes, now that young Zachary has some classmates, he also gets to go to some pretty neat birthday parties! So the four of us went out to "Country Critters" in Mansfield last Saturday. Literally in the middle of nowhere. But they had lots of animals and lots of manure to accompany them. A few pix:

Gabriela Birthday Party 2-26-11
Me: "Hey sheep...you want some hay...or grass or something?"
Sheep: "Actually...a Big Mac sure would hit the spot."
Me: "Um, yeah, I don't really carry those around with me..."
Sheep: "Ohh..."
Me: "Just kidding. I have some in the car."

Gabriela Birthday Party 2-26-11
Zach: "Hey Dad, what's that smell?"
Me: "Well, it's basically every animal's crap being stepped on over and over..."
Emmy: "Ewww...why anyone thinks pony rides are fun is beyond me."

Gabriela Birthday Party 2-26-11
Nothin' creepy about a giant haybale that looks like a rabbit at all!

My uncle sent me an e-mail of a snake eating a lizard:

Arizona 2
Arizona 10
Arizona 17
Good Lord! Hopefully that will keep him full for a while.

Zach has his rodeo today! Will have some pix next week. It got postponed from last month due to all the ice we got. He sure does like his school. It's almost a shame he'll only get to go there for just this year. But, we have to choose between paying $400.00 a month for this school, or Little Elementary for free. Not that tough a decision if you ask me. Sure will be nice to have some extra money around though.

Emmy finished her TAKS test this week too! If she's anything like me she'll nail this one and then all her teachers will call us and ask why she gets these tests perfectly but gets C's in school. For me, if it's not about something remotely interesting, I tend to lose interest very quickly. I hate that about myself but the harder I try to change it the worse I do. Yet I can recite lines from my favourite TV shows and movies at the drop of a hat. What can ya do, right?

No comments: