Thursday, March 17, 2011

"A Modern Day St. Patrick...?"



Nah...but Zach and I are very much looking forward to this movie coming out!! For some reason he has really taken a liking to this particular member of the Justice League. Not Batman, not Superman, thank goodness not Wonder Woman...but the Green Lantern is his hero of choice right now. He got a Green Lantern cartoon movie for Christmas but man there are a few unfavourable words in there I'd rather him not hear. Why does DC have to do that? Ugh... but I will take him to see this one. He's very excited about it!

So we made it back from San Antonio in one piece!! All in all it was an okay trip. Not without its' usual arguments and foibles though. Here was our itenerary:

Monday: Fiesta Texas!
San Antonio Spring Break 2011
This is the equivalent of the Flashback at Six Flags. Looks massive! Too massive for me. In all honesty, I probably could ride most of the rides, but my gut was not made for sudden twists and drops.

San Antonio Spring Break 2011
This is the Rattler! Basically the same design as the Texas Giant. Cari and Emmy spent about 1 1/2 hours waiting in line. Was it worth it? Not to me lol.

San Antonio Spring Break 2011
Hey, what a great picture of us...NOT lol

San Antonio Spring Break 2011
Christine: "Hey, look kids, it's a copperhead snake!"
Zach: "Um...what's it doing in a family-themed park?"
Christine: "Realism my boy, realism!"

Tuesday: The Riverwalk!

San Antonio Spring Break 2011
The water is certainly a lovely shade of...jade? Emerald? Well, some kind of stone.

San Antonio Spring Break 2011
Aww, it's Cari, happy as a lark to be on a boat going 3 miles per hour. I like the waterfall in the background. Very photogenic.

San Antonio Spring Break 2011
Man that is one tall building. Reminds me of the buildings in "Inception" that folded on top of themselves. Apparently they shot some movies around here. One of them was "Miss Congeniality". Never saw it.

San Antonio Spring Break 2011
Why can't Zach make a nice face when I want him to? I mean EVER?? (sigh) at least he is smiling. Love the backdrop though.

That night we cooked some chicken and pineapple:

San Antonio Spring Break 2011
Just the fact that the fire actually seperated itself from the grill worries me.

San Antonio Spring Break 2011
Hey, that looks pretty good. The foil-wrapped items were given to us by a very nice (and very drunk) Mexican family staying in a nearby cabin. Well, that's not entirely true. The little boy wasn't drunk. At least I don't think he was. He did slip on the rocks a lot though.

I took the day off after we got back, so once we got the house cleaned up real good we went to: where else...the park! This was a park Zach had never been to, and I took Emmy there only once, when she was 2. We were there for about 5 minutes, then she had an accident (if you know what I mean) and I didn't have any clean clothes to change her into. so...we went home. Haven't been back sense, but only because we never thought about it until we were at another park lol:

Red Kane Park 3-17-11
Isn't that a great shot! Let's see a $2,000 camera take one as good as that. While Emmy was on the playground, Zach and I took a walk around the lake and had a real nice talk about how proud I was of him growing up a little and doing more things for himself. Why, just that morning he had taken a shower by himself, gotten himself dressed by himself, and even put up his own laundry by himself. Man...now I can put their baskets in their room and make them both put up their own clothes ha ha. Emmy has been doing it for quite a while now. Hopefully she will become more organized as a result. Zach too!

Red Kane Park 3-17-11
Me: "Okay guys, go ahead and feed the ducks!"
Emmy: "They don't seem to like the crackers a whole lot Dad."
Zach: "We should have brought what those other kids brought."
Me: "Oh yeah? What was that?"
Zach: "Bacon-wrapped scallops."
Me: "What the...what kind of a nut feeds that to a duck, anyways?"
Emmy: "Bobby Flay?"
Me: "Mmm...yeah, that would be the exception."

After the park we went to...Chili's!

Lunch @ Chili's 3-17-11
I hadn't eaten all day so those chicken crispers were extra delicious! This was one of my favourite days and I enjoyed every minute of it. I even made dinner! Chicken Parmesan with Caesar Salad and garlic bread! Very good if I do say so myself...which I do. Which could not have come on a better day since Cari had a really lousy day. She started crying right there at the table. When your office treats you lousy and unfairly, it will really stay with you even when you go home. I know when I was at the mall I had to put up with so much crap and favortism. The happiest day of my life was when I didn't have to be there anymore. When you're light years smarter then the people in charge, there's a problem. Fortunately, Healthmarkets lets me do my own thing and as long as I take care of me, they take care of me. Maybe this isn't such a bad place to be.

No comments: