Friday, March 25, 2011

"Shut Up And Drive..."

Well, we didn't get to drive any of the cars (despite my constant pleading), but Dad, Zach and I sure had a fun time at the Fort Worth Auto Show on Sunday. We even (big secret) sat in some of the cars! Don't tell anyone, I don't want to go to jail on a trespassing or vagrancy charge. A few pix:

Auto Show 3-20-11
GAW this car is small. And since it is electric...

Auto Show 3-20-11
...there's no engine! The woman with the dealership said we could use it as a beer cooler. Man, you should have seen Dad's eyes light up...I wonder if he knows she was just kidding.

Auto Show 3-20-11
Dad: "Hey Zach, what are you doing?"
Zach: "Um...not hot-wiring this car if that's what you're implying!"
Dad: "Hey now! Where did you learn how to do that anyways?"
Zach: "Um...not from watching my dad do it if that's what you're implying!"
Dad: "Do I imply too much?"
Zach: "A little bit..."

Zach even got to do some rock-climbing! Never have I seen a rock-climbing set-up in a car show! First time for everything I guess:

Auto Show 3-20-11
Zach: "Uh, Dad...I'm getting really scared at this height..."
Dad: "What!? You're only three feet off the ground!"
Zach: "But I'm only three feet tall!"
Dad: "Hmm...you may have a point...I'll get the oxygen."

Auto Show 3-20-11
Oh is this the gem of the show. 2011 Camaro Jolly Rancher Apple green. I didn't get to sit in it since all guys everywhere were lined up but at least i got a shiny picture!

After the show we went and walked around the Water Gardens for a while:

Auto Show 3-20-11
What a great picture! This one I'll get printed up for Dad since the ones he has are from like three years ago ha ha. I'm sure Zach has grown a little since then.

Auto Show 3-20-11
Also a good one. Glad to see the cardio and ab crunches I've been doing are worth it.

We actually got Dad to play Just Dance!:

Dad Playing Just Dance
Dad Playing Just Dance
Ohh...good times.

Gonna be kidless this weekend! After Zach's soccer game we're taking them to Mom's where Zach is going to spend the night with her and Emmy is going to spend the night with Keri. By themselves they are both really nice and obedient kids. But man...ya put them together, and chaos just breaks loose! Esp. with Zach being a boy and thinking it is so funny to call people names and hit his sister...I really didn't want to be the kind of dad who answers every question with a spanking. Dad did that more often then not and I really used to resent him for it. I say "used to" because it wasn't until I had a boy that I realized sometimes it's the only answer. I remember one time when I was about eight. We were going to throw the football around after dinner. I was in the front yard waiting for him to come out and a friend rode up on his bike and asked me if I wanted to ride around with him. Well, being a kid, I completely forgot Dad was on his way out and I just took off. I came back around an hour later and Dad was furious. He said his famous, "Go to your room and wait for me" line and gave me a whoopin' about one minute later. Sometimes I feel like I was just the most dense kid ever. Now, watching Emmy and Zach grow up, I realize it was just me being a kid and sometimes having to learn things the hard way. It's too bad being a good parent means having to be a jerk sometimes and set the groundwork one brick at a time.

No comments: