Friday, March 11, 2011

"Our Camera Is..."

...found!! After weeks of wondering what in the heck happened to it, Cari gets a hunch to look under my car seat and in 5 seconds...wa-la! Found it! I think she had it the whole time and planted it to make herself look smart which she adamantly denies. I wonder if the whole story will ever be known to us...maybe, maybe not. There were some pictures on there of Zach and me at the "hidden park" which I was really sad I didn't get off the card sooner. Here are a couple:

Zach and Dad @ The Park 2-12-11
Zach and Dad @ The Park 2-12-11
Zach and Dad @ The Park 2-12-11
He sure does love that monkey doesn't he.

This was the day Cari and Emmy were selling Girl Scout cookies now that all the snow and ice had finally melted off and it was so pretty outside. Of course, I was bouncing off the walls wanting to go outside as was Zach. We laid there and looked up at the sky and had a really great talk about a lot of different things.

Zach's rodeo was a big hit! He had to get on a big bouncy ball with a handle and ride it like the bullrider he was listed as in the program. Needless to say...very entertaining. A few pix:

Zach's Rodeo 3-4-11
Zach: "Hey Dad, wanna see my Michael Jackson impression?"
Me: "Isn't that a little...I don't know...out of place here?"
Zach: "Hey, you're the one who made me practice the moonwalk."
Me: "Ah yes...best possible way to spend a weekend!"

Zach's Rodeo 3-4-11
Look at him go!

Zach's Rodeo 3-4-11
I guess a silly face is better than...well...not much...but at least I look decent ha ha. Ehh...I guess he looks okay. Love the high hat!

Saturday night Cari took a much-needed break from it all and had a girls' night out. So...the three of us were sitting around trying to think of a game plan. Then I realized there was a really cool park near my office that every time I would pass it in the car I wanted them to see. So we got in the ol' car (and I mean OLD) and went there:

Dad Emmy Zach @ Chisholm Park 3-5-11
Where is the rest of Zach's torso? And is Emmy slowly choking him? Questions abound!

Dad Emmy Zach @ Chisholm Park 3-5-11
Love those pictures with everything in the background and both kids actually smiling AND looking in the camera at the same time.

Dad Emmy Zach @ Chisholm Park 3-5-11
Ya rarely ever see baby ducks anywhere in a park, but there were a lot around this one!

Afterwards we went to NorthEast Mall for a little shopping and some dinner, then went home and watched AFV before I finally collapsed around 9:45. I had been sick all weekend and was running on fumes when we got to the mall. Emmy was a little upset I wouldn't take her to Justice. She's so funny. No matter how muhc you rationalize to her that you don't feel good and if we don't go home soon I may fall asleep while driving, but she was still disappointed. I guess one lesson we all learn as parents is no matter how much you do for your kids, sometimes it just isn't enough. But, I know she's a good kid. A great one actually. It really is like watching me when I was a kid. I was so sensitive about things and got upset so easily. But what kid doesn't, ya know? Zach's favourite thing to do now is scream "NO!" when he is asked to anything. I'm probably the most patient person I know, but he tests that repeatedly these days. Then, other times, he is the sweetest kid I've ever seen. He's a real mystery, but one that may be fun to solve.

I found a bunch of old Sierra games from the 1980's on Youtube! People play them so that you can see how to get past a certain point. here are my top 3 faves:

Gold Rush


In this game you are a nobody (no, really) who decides his life is boring so he travels to San Francisco to try and find his brother. Along the way he must decipher lots of clues and try to strike it rich. Was a lot of fun when I played it as a teen-ager. Yeah, a lot of guys would go out with girls, but when ya looked like me...well...the girls just weren't a-lookin'. (sigh)

Space Quest 2


This game came free with my Tandy computer I got for my birthday in 1988. Anyone remember Tandy? No? Okay. Basically you were a janitor who saved the universe in the first game but are now still a janitor and you have to stop the release of insurance salesmen clones from invading. Great plot eh?

King's Quest 1


This game was the first one I ever bought with my own money. Of course, I needed a hint book to beat it, but it was a lot of fun too. I remember using Grandma's photocopier to make a full map of the kingdom so I could navigate it a lot easier. Ahh, to be young again...

So Mom gave us her king-size bed as a mega-Christmas present just because she didn't have the room to keep it. So Tony and I picked it up about 2 months ago but it sat in our garage for the last month. So on Feb 12 I (with some help from Zach) took the old one down, vacuumed all the dust and crap that built up over the last NINE years
and put the new one up. Darn comfy! Now my favourite time of the day is getting into bed and just chilling. Of course, now the kids think OUR bed is now THEIR bed and each night is a challenge to get 'em out.

Since Zach's Valentine's Day lunch was actually ON Valentine's Day I didn't go to work until 3pm. Isn't that sad how that is a half day for me and a whole day for everyone else? Anyways...since I had a couple of hours to kill after lunch I went and got some flowers from Kroger's and brought them up to Cari! She was very surprised. She even Facebooked a picture of them. I'll try and get it on here.

Going to San Antonio this weekend! I don't normally take vacations in March, but I'll make an exception after this year. I can only take so many work thru lunches and no lunch breaks at all before I get real bitter about things. And no one likes a bitter Mikey, right?