Friday, May 20, 2011

"Batter Up!"

Well, it wasn't a Ranger game, but it was the next best thing! Jerramy got tickets to a Frisco Roughriders game Sunday, and he asked me if I wanted to go. So I did. And we did. Turns out there's only about a 4,000 seating capacity so any seat is a good seat. And, as always, I had my trusty camera on hand to capture the festivities:

Frisco Roughriders Game 5-15-2011
Isn't that cool? Apparently you can rent out the pavillion for the right price. Imagine watching the game and cooking out and swimming all at the same time.

Frisco Roughriders Game 5-15-2011
Jerramy: "My Country Tis...Of Thee...Sweet Land Of Liberty..."
Me: "Um, I don't think that's the song they're singing..."
Jerramy: "Hmmm...you're right...it sounds more like..."
Me: "It's Rainin' Men"?
Jerramy: "YES! That's it!"

Frisco Roughriders Game 5-15-2011
Hey, great action shot!

Frisco Roughriders Game 5-15-2011
Hey, great action shot!

Frisco Roughriders Game 5-15-2011
Now that's a nice shot of us. I will be a-framin' it and a settin' it down at home. Nice use of Southern twang yes?

It was tied 3-3 after 10 innings so we left and about 5 minutes after that I think they won it. Ah well. We had a good time. They even had an all-you-can-eat lunch set up for us special members. I tore...it...up. Was so full...but so glad I took advantage. Free burgers and hot dogs don't come around too often, knowhutimean?

Afterwards Jerramy wanted to go see the Ikea since it was close by, so we did. Should have seen his eyes light up at everything they had. Should have seen mine too. Some really cool entertainment centers that I have to have now. NOW.

Campbell is coming up! This year hopefully nothing will pop up unexpectedly like last year and cause me to miss it. Geez, has it been a year already? Still have a lot of mixed feelings about how that went down. I was always under the impression that suicide meant eternal damnation. But...maybe...there's exceptions to that. Hopefully Josh is that exception. He's the only person I know who was funnier than me. Such charisma.

Hey, how about those Mavericks! I should have posted sooner about their current playoff run sooner, but...man, SEVEN games in a row where we just flat out dominated. Lakers who? What a way to send Phil Jackson out...being swept and making his team just look awful. Now we're in the Western Conference Finals and up 1-0 against the OKC Thunder. We didn't look great defensively, but Dirk was a monster on the boards. 48 points and free throws all...night...long. ESPN is still talking about how it might be the greatest shooting display in the history of the postseason. I'd have to agree! Here are some cool shots I found of ye olde Mavs:






Those are the main guys, right there. If we want a title, we know who to give it to.

No comments: