Friday, May 06, 2011

"Emily's Home!!"

Yes, after a harrowing two days away from home, Emily made it home from her Diva Camp she got to go to since she sold 1,000 boxes of Girl Scout cookies!! Gaw that's a lot of cookies. We still have em all over the cupboard and freezer. So I tell her to take pictures of what she did. And...well...

Diva Camp! April 2011
This looks like some kind of shark...? Emmy said the glass was two-sided...or one-sided...whichever one that lets them see the shark, but the shark can't see them. Probably a good thing.

Emily Home From Diva Camp! 4-30-11
Hey, she's home! I don't know what was more fun...getting up at 5am to drop her off or racing around to get there by 1pm to pick her up ha ha.

Emmy also had to do a project on Texas that took pretty much a month to finish. But, here is the completed project:

Emily's Texas Project April 2011
I really learned a lot researching facts for this thing. Texas is the 2nd largest state next to...? Alaska! Now I'm sure that was common knowledge to some of you but I always thought California was in the mix there somewhere.

We took Mom out for Mother's Day Sunday! PF Chang's to be exact. I tell you what...that had to be the worst service I've ever had! The waiter who looked like Bruno Mars only darker was nowhere to be found, and when he did show up he brought the wrong appetizer to us, the water glasses were constantly empty, plus other things that i can't recall at this time. But it was a great meal once it finally got to us.

Mother's Day 5-1-2011

We gave Mom "The Paris Wife" by Paula McClain. I'm normally not much of a reader but I saw some great reviews and I know Mom is always on the look-out for a good book.

We're moving at work...again...I swear, who knows how much wasted labor this place pays for. When I got here I was on the 2nd floor...then the 4th floor...THEN back to the 2nd floor...now we're changing buildings completely. The "B" building is a lot nicer and hopefully won't be burning hot or freezing cold like this one always seems to be.

So we had to take this survey at work and if enough people completed it we got two weeks of jeans and sneakers instead of just every Friday. Well, we got that. Plus we got December 23rd paid and off! So we get a nice 4 day weekend at Christmas plus any vacation time I managed to save. I have reserved the Week of July 18-22 and I hope we get to do as many fun things this year as last year. Maybe we'll even work a trip in to somewhere. Love me a good trip. Cari and I managed to survive the layoff scare that has decimated our companies which is good. Now it looks like things are back on the rise...including GAS PRICES!! $3.88 a gallon!? Are ya kidding me? Ugh...I tell ya...the Nissan Leaf is looking a lot better these days...

No comments: