Friday, May 27, 2011

"Ready...Set..."

Zach's Field Day 5-26-11
...GO!!! And go Zach did, as his wonderful Tate Springs Baptist School had its' annual Field Day yesterday. Ten events! Plus, Cari and I had to walk around to each event in the hot sun. We were wiped. And we just stood there for the most part. For me personally, standing requires as much work as actually doing anything. But I know Zach had a great time. He's so fast! Even at the very end he still had loads of energy. Here are a few pix of the day's proceedings:

Event One: The Turn 'N' Run

Zach's Field Day 5-26-11
Zach: "So I'm supposed to turn the bat around using my body? What is this going to accomplish?"
Me: "Well, if you were part of the Barnett Shale mineral excavation team, you might find some valuable minerals if you go deep enough."
Zach: "Well, that's something...I guess...wait, what!?"

Event Two: Potato Sack Race

Zach's Field Day 5-26-11
Zach: "You know...wearing these potato sacks makes it really hard to get around."
Me: "Oh those aren't potato sacks...those are manure sacks."
Zach: "EEWWW!"

Event Three: Egg And The Spoon

Zach's Field Day 5-26-11
Yes, this event was as exciting as Zach is making it out to be.

Event Four: Water Balloon Toss

Zach's Field Day 5-26-11
Zach: "So what's in this balloon anyway? Water?"
Me: "Nothing gets past you, does it?"

Event Five: Face-painting!

Zach's Field Day 5-26-11
Hey, that's a pretty good picture of us! Zach chose to be painted like Jack Sparrow, and when the other boys saw it they had to have it too. My boy the trendsetter.

Event Six: Scooters!

Zach's Field Day 5-26-11
Zach's Field Day 5-26-11
Admit it: You'd do this too if they'd let you.

Event Seven: Bouncy Ball

Zach's Field Day 5-26-11
He's completely off the ground! Lucky shot I got.

Event Eight: Bowling Toss

The wind-up...
Zach's Field Day 5-26-11
...and the pitch:
Zach's Field Day 5-26-11
Again, lucky shot. Check out how the ball looks like it is stuck to the canvas. Even though Zach missed his shot, I got mine.

Mercifully, after 2 hours in the hot sun, it was over. Everyone got a Bullet popsicle to cool off. Zach got a red one, ate half of it, then asked me if I would switch cuz he liked grape better. Then he did the same thing with Cari's orange popsicle. What a con artist. Here's a parting group shot:

Zach's Field Day 5-26-11
...and here's a picture of Zach in front of his locker space:

Zach's Field Day 5-26-11
I sure hope Zach enjoyed his time here. Barring some unforseen circumstance, this will be the only year he gets to go here. Is Zach really going into kindergarden in three months? I remember taking Emmy to kindergarten when Zach was just a baby. And now...now I get to take both of them to the same place and knock out two birds with one stone. Not that I think my kids are birds...or throwing a stone at them.

This just happened while I was on a call at work. I won Employee Of The Month for March 2011! Got $20 to Walmart! What to use it on...hmm...knowing me, I'm sure I'll find something useful...or frivolous ha ha. Saturday night we are going to Wal-Mart for an ice cream sampling! Only way to have more fun is when it's free.

Cari and I are going to go see "Hangover 2" Sunday night when I get home. Hopefully it is as funny as the first one. Love these kid-free Memorial Day Weekends. So glad Dad wants to hang out with his grandkids when he gets the chance...which isn't as often as we'd both like I'm sure. They just love him to death though. Glad we have a grandpa in our family that will stay the course and be an influence on us all just like Grandpa did. So many stories he told us...and could figure out anything. A rare breed these days. It's a shame we don't get to be with people longer down here.

No comments: