Friday, May 13, 2011

"Mother's Day...Is Here..."

Yes, the time of year has come for me to pay homage to not only my own mom, but to Cari as well, who goes above and beyond for Zach and Emmy each and every day. Hopefully they won't hold it against me for not paying more attention the rest of the year if I show them how much they mean to me on this day ha ha. We got together at my sister-in-law's house Sunday for a Mother's Day omelette breakfast cooked by...the guys!:

Mother's Day 5-8-2011
Jay: "So you see John, by mixing the eggs and ingredients together, that's how an omelette is made!"
John: "Yeah, I know how to make an omelette Julia Child..."
Jay: "Ah! Are you saying I look like a giant Hungarian woman!?"
John: "Well, if the souz-chef hat fits..."

Mother's Day 5-8-2011
Tracy: "WHO GOT DA BOOZE!! WHO GOT DA BOOZE!!!!!!!"
Me: "Um...those bottles are empty..."
Tracy: "Ohh...um..."
Me: "Yes?"
Tracy: "What about...WHO HAD DA BOOZE! WHO HAD DA BOOZE!!!!!!"
Me: "Bullseye."

Mother's Day 5-8-2011
I bought this shirt over a year ago and I could never get it to fit right. But I kept working at it, and now I think I look pretty decent in it! Yay me.

Then we gave Cari her present:

Mother's Day 5-8-2011
It's a 3 month membership to Massage Envy! It was a pretty good deal. She gets four one-hour massages plus she can buy more services at the lower member rate! She's already planning one for this weekend, so maybe ye olde kids and I will have to find something to pass the time...I'm sure we can!

Last Friday Zach's school had a Mother's Day lunch (read: you bring the lunch) so Cari brought Zach lunch and they had a good time together:

Zach's School Mom Lunch 5-6-2011
I officially hate our camera! I found a new one at Walmart for the same price as the one we have now ($199.99) which Cari wants but we can't swing right now. What he made was a magnetic clipboard that can hold pictures and notes, etc. I had to move some of his WordJammer letters out of the way but now it resides on our refrigerator!

Zach's School Mom Lunch 5-6-2011
McDonald's! Where else, ya know? There are his BFF's Blake and Gavin in the background. They're okay I guess. Nothing against them.

Zach had his first T-Ball game of the season Saturday!:

Zach's T-Ball Game 5-7-2011
Doesn't he look interested?? I didn't think so either. He's just in a deep concentration I bet.

Zach's T-Ball Game 5-7-2011
Cari took this one! Great action shot! You can see me in the background videotaping the highlights, which...pretty much anything Zach hit and when he ran the bases.

I usually take pictures of his first game but none of the others, because...hey...seen one, seen them all, right? But one regret I have was not enjoying Little League a lot more when I was playing. I looked upon it as an intrusion on my busy life after school. You know, watching Brady Bunch reruns? But I did play two seasons and even managed to hit a home run. I'd give anything to relive that time in my life. Any magic genies out there waiting to be freed from a lamp?

No comments: