Friday, June 24, 2011

"Father's Day...Is Here..."

...and what a fun weekend that was! Swimming, a trip to the park, and presents!!

Saturday after we got the house looking good...well, good-ish...I took Zach and Emmy to the YMCA outdoor pool for about an hour. Why only an hour? Because they close at five pm! On a Saturday? Cari swears I knew what time they close but it was all news to me. So, we went home and got cleaned up, and since Cari was going out with her friends for a well-deserved girls' night, we had to brainstorm about what to do. Finally we decided to go to Braum's, pick up some dinner, then go to Chisholm Park near my office for some park time. I got Zach the 1/6 burger which is pretty small. He ate about 1/2 of it and said "I'm full!" I tell you, if there's anyone to get stuck on a deserted island with, it's him. Eats like a bird. Afterwards, we went by Sonic and got a treat and went home and crashed. I was asleep by 11.

The next night we went to Cari's parents house for a cook-out and presents! Zach's favourite thing to shout is "Present time! Present time! Open the present and see what's inside!!" I think he got it from Blues' Clues. Cari got me four pair of shorts for the pending Texas summer. They say summer beigns June 21st, but around here it starts mid-May. Emmy made me a coil pot during her week at camp and painted it and gave it to me!

Father's Day 6-19-11
Isn't that a good shot of us? People always say Emmy looks just like Cari, then when they see me they quickly change their mind. Everyone at work thinks she's my "Mini-Me".

Father's Day 6-19-11
Zach appears to be holding...nothing...but he did make me not one but TWO Father's Day cards! he made one at his YMCA camp that even has his picture on it! He thought I saw it early when it was on the table and started to cry that the surprise was wrecked. But I had only seen the back of it. So all was good. I swear, he's just like me. Loves to plan surprises but gets a little freaked if something threatens to ruin it.

Father's Day 6-19-11
Me: "Hey John, smile for the camera!"
John: "How's this?"
Me: "That's more of a scary I-just-saw-a-bear face than a smile."
John: "Well that's the best I can do!"
Me: "I know...(sigh)..."

Emmy has her second week of YMCA camp next week! Her first week was "Hammocks and Ceramics". I guess cuz they made ceramics and...laid around in hammocks...I guess...I wasn't there, so I don't know. Next week is something else. I forget what it's called though. So next week it'll just be me and the boy in the mornings. I keep telling myself to take him in to camp early then go work out, but I keep sleeping until the alarm goes off. No motivation. Fortunately, the building we work in now has very few decent parking spaces and by the time I get there the only ones left are in another zip code. Literally. the line falls between us and Birdville High School. So I am walking a lot during the day, whether it's to my car, to the front door, or to clock out. To quote Joey Tribbiani when he and Ross were throwing that ball and he missed a meal: "Yup...my pants are a little loose!" Mine actually are. So it's good that when I can't work out, I can still get a mini-workout...at work!

No comments: