Wednesday, June 29, 2011

"Camp AGAIN??"

This is my favourite song as of right this minute:



I heard it when I was listening to B96 Dance on the Radio.com app on my iPod. They only played it once over a like 6 week period. Then...they played it again, and I managed to catch who it was. And yes, I have already downloaded it off iTunes. Rocks!

We had a picnic last weekend with Emmy's Girl Scout troop. Well, what was left. Hardly anyone showed up. Had some hot dogs, told some Disneyland stories...even though I was the only GUY there, it was fun. Emmy received her five-year pin! Man, has it been that long? I took a picture but can't find it on the memory card. Grrr.

And yes, Emily has decided to use her second and final week of YMCA camp for this week. "Party At the Palace" is the name of it. Pretty swanky eh? Despite it always being 100 degrees during the summer hopefully they're staying cool. Here is the letters she has sent home so far:

Emily's Letter From Camp June 2011
Emily's Letter From Camp June 2011
Sounds like a lot of fun...if you're a girl. Although...something tells me Zach wouldn't mind riding around in a limo.

Zach has really come a long way in his swimming. He will jump right in and can swim pretty much anywhere...as long as he can touch the bottom of the pool ha ha. Now it's actually kind of fun to go go the pool without someone hanging on my shoulders 24/7. That goes for Emily too. She's a force to try and shake off of you when she's determined. Her favorite thing now is wrestling. I'm like, "Where were you 6 years ago and I wanted to and you didn't?" But better late than never I guess.

A while back I found a school project I did in 6th grade and scanned some pictures. Here's the gem:

5th grade Christmas
If you hadn't figured it out yet, I'm the one looking like a blowfish on the right. No good pictures of me back then. None. And why the bowl hair cut? Although, I wish that was an option nowadays. I miss that shirt though. I loved it so much I wore it to summer church camp three days in a row. By the third day the boys...THE BOYS...were complaining that I stunk. When your friends, who stink all the time, complain, you know you got something special. The blonde-haired kid's name is Peter Bellamy. I actually connected with him on Facebook a couple of years ago. We're going to try and go to a Ranger game together. In 6th grade they really screwed his name up in the yearbook:

6th Grade
Bellamy Pester!? Did they really think that was his name? See, this is why you should never put kids in charge of anything. He hadn't seen that in 20+ years and it all came rushing back to him.

The other kid with the white and green shirt was Ray Graves. Or is...I'm sure he's still alive. We used to hang out all the time back then. Then after 7th grade I moved away to Canada. I think Ray was a little bummed out by it. He gave me some packs of baseball cards as a going away present. We called each other every now and then and hung out some during the summer but when I came back in 1990 he wasn't really interested in being friends anymore. We were going to go to the after-graduation party they had at the Holiday Inn but he ended up going with some other guys. So Mom dropped me off and I stayed for about an hour, but just wasn't in the mood to "party". So I walked home. Haven't seen him since. If I saw him today I probably wouldn't even recognize him. He doesn't do the Facebook thing either, so...who knows.

Can't wait for some fireworks this weekend. Plus, I get off at 3pm today while everyone else has to work till 4. Heh heh. Holidays are the only time this 10-7 schedule pays off. Should have some pics from the Overall cookout next week. As usual, we've been e-mailing back and forth about what to bring. It's good to come from a family that has a sense of humour. Plus, we can make jokes at each other's expense and (hopefully) don't offend anyone. I dish it out but I also take it so it all evens out.

No comments: