Friday, June 10, 2011

"HOW BOUT THEM MAVERICKS!!!!!"



Man oh man can you believe this! Our beloved Dallas Mavericks...always the bridesmaid, never the bride...are just one win away from hoisting their first NBA title! If you play the clip above you can see just how determined they were to win on their court. And, since we won Game 2 on their court last week, we have proven we have what it takes to win anywhere. Can we do this? We...must...do this.

I felt like I was jinxing the Mavericks for a while. Every time I would turn the game on in the middle they would be ahead, then as I watched them they would slowly give the lead up and have to play from behind. So...Game Four...it happened again. So I turned the game off, turned on an episode of "Friends", and hoped for the best. Several Facebook friends gave me kudos for my extreme sacrifice. And if you knew how much I enjoy watching the Mavericks, you would agree the sacrifice was extreme.

Emmy has her week-long Girl Scout camp next week! She always hesitates a little on the way there cuz it's so hot, but after a while she can't wait to get there. We always make a trip of it cuz sometimes we stop at Taco Casa or Dairy Queen. Man I love those Blizzards. So next week it's just gonna be me and Young Zachary in the morning. He has a YMCA camp that I know he will love. Man, it seems like just yesterday I was taking Emmy there when she was five.

No pictures taken in a while! A rarity for me. I've been moving all of them under Cari's Yahoo account so we can watch them on channel 91. Man, it is hard to figure out when some of these were taken. Some show up as 2003 (before we had a digital camera) or baby pictures taken in 2011 (which is impossible). Fortunately, work lets me organize them on Flickr between calls. Good times. Here are a few gems I unearthed along the way:

Pharmacare Corporate Games 2006
I had forgotten all about this one. Back in 2006 Pharmacare participated in a series of sporting events and awarded medals. I still have the shirt and medal. To my left is Javier Alonzo. He was a supervisor and a good friend. Last I heard he was selling cars in Irving. Maybe I should look him up.

GS Meeting @ The Park 09
This was a Girl Scout meeting at the park in 2007. I can't believe Emmy was ever this small. Nowadays she asks me to pick her up and she's so solid it takes everything I have. I can still do it though.

Botanical Gardens 8-13-05 09
This was us at the "flower gardens" back in 2005. Every Saturday morning we would wake up early and head out somewhere. I think about doing this again but Saturday mornings are the only chance I get during the week to work out. I guess I have a choice, but I really need to do it when I have the chance. Sucks not having a clone.

Zach and I really had a lot of fun being on our own last weekend. Studio Movie Grill tried to charge me twice for movie tickets...grr...but they resolved it. We had a nice meal and watched Kung Fu Panda 2 which was a lot better than the first one. A lot deeper. I kept waiting for Zach to fall asleep and he almost made it...until about 20 minutes before the movie ended ha ha. I picked him up and carried him to the car and tucked him in our bed about 10:15. He loves sleeping there. The next morning we played Legos! He's really getting good at building things. We tried to organize them by colour but eventually they'll get mixed up again. I should have mowed the backyard but didn't. Too hot. Cari was nice enough (with some help from her dad) to find a place and get it fixed. Had been broken for almost a year. Turns out all it needed was a good cleaning. I started it up last week and it seems to run fine now. Maybe I'll get it mowed this weekend.

I think this summer is going to be a great one. We've got a 3-day weekend coming up in a few weeks plus two weeks after that is my vacation. GO MAVS!

No comments: