Friday, June 03, 2011

"A Blast From The Past!"

I remember watching this back in 1997 and thanks to Daily Motion I was able to find it after 14 years. There is this guy, Steve Oedekerk, and I knew he did some stand up comedy from time to time, but he actually wrote a lot of movies, most notably the Ace Ventura movies. But he is also a bit of a computer guru, and he created this show for prime time TV where he can basically do anything he wants in the CGI realm. Here is the entire show in three parts:


Steve.Oedekerk.com, Part 1 by VinnieRattolle

Steve.Oedekerk.com, Part 2 by VinnieRattolle

Steve.Oedekerk.com, Part 3 by VinnieRattolle

Did you recognize the angry guy at the gas pump and the talk show host? That was none other then Tom Wilson, aka Biff Tannen from Back To The Future! Even though he has denounced the movies that made him known to everyone, he still shows up from time to time on various shows and movies. I remember seeing BTTF in 1985 and not being able to sleep good for a while because I was afraid I would be wiped out of existence just like the McFly family almost was. Even to this day I still wonder if that could ever happen. My thought is, if someone at some point had discovered how to time travel, wouldn't we know how to already? At some point someone would have showed up with this knowledge by now. Food for thought.

Had a nice time at Campbell Sunday. Finally got to meet some people everyone else already had months ago, but what can ya do sometimes. Cousin Caleb is having a kid! Finally, Grandma can have a great grandchild under the age of 6 instead of a grandchild! So on the way home, I drop Grandma off since it's on the way and then I get a text from Cari asking me to meet her at this address. So I make my way there, and it turns out they found a guy who fixes iPhone and iPod screens! Mine had been broken for the last year after Zach dropped it on the floor at one of Emily's indoor soccer games. So he fixed it for $40 and now it looks so much better. Now when Zach asks if he can play with it I may have to decline his request. Unless he's on a bed. On a bigger bed. Surrounded by pillows. And air mattresses.

Cari and Emmy are going to Great Wolf Lodge this weekend! For Girl Scouts of course. They do so many things and each one seems to be more fun than the last. There's a trip to Hawaiian Falls coming up plus a trip to the 6th street museum in downtown Dallas where they look at how Kennedy was possibly killed. Sure, we all know the stories. Lee Harvey Oswald in the textbook depository window who picked him off...the 2nd shooter on the "grassy knoll"...but will we ever really know the truth? Someday...someday...anyways...this means Zach and I will be on our own! What to do...what to do...so far, we are planning on going to Six Flags in the afternoon till about 6:30 or so. Then...head home...clean up...and head off to the Studio Movie Grill to see Kung Fu Panda 2! I already reserved tickets for the 3D showing (all they had in the evening) which I don't mind. Then Sunday...maybe go to a couple of parks. Of course, I'll make sure the house gets picked up and the laundry done. Maybe try to work on re-tiling the guest bathroom. So far I've managed to get four tiles down. Hey, it's a start right? Only about 30 more to go I think...maybe a few less. The front of it looks darn good though. Looks like one big piece of tile.

No pictures this week? Nope. None taken all...week. Zach has been out of school this week and Emily gets out after this week. Man it's gonna be nice. Sleeping till 8 every day. I don't sleep that well anymore. I wonder why. What i won't wonder about is...

...THE DALLAS MAVERICKS HAVE TIED THE 2011 NBA FINALS 1-1!! Please let this be the year...PLEASE...

2 comments:

Mary Kirkland said...

Hey thanks for visiting my blog. I don't have an iPod yet, can you believe it? But I do have an mp4 player. They really need to make theses electronic contraptions easier to fix when they get broken. lol

Mike Overall said...

Oh I know...you should look into an ipod touch though. Literally does everything except clean your house...but I think they have an app for that ha ha.