Friday, February 10, 2012

"One Cool Surprise..."

Yes, sometimes you can plan on doing something fun and just maybe it can become so much better. We had tickets to go see "Big Miracle" Saturday night, which, if you haven't see it, it's really good. And, if I could get into Youtube here at work I'd post a clip of it. But, I cannot. So, I'll tell you a little about it. A reporter in Alaska is looking for a story to film to add to his reel. A kid whose entire family is Eskimos wants him to film his cousin riding a snowblower. Reluctantly he agrees, but while he's filming, he sees water mist coming out of the background. When he checks it out, he notices a family of whales stuck there due to the rest of the ocean frozen over. Well one thing leads to another, and the entire country gets involved in freeing them. Was a really good movie. Made me feel good all over. So as we're leaving, it turns out that the new 3-D version of Star Wars Phantom Menace was also premiering. And there were lots of characters in full costume to help promote it. Really wish I had my better camera but the iPhone came to the rescue. Couldn't find Emmy anywhere but Zach was right next to me so he got to see a bunch of them up close and personal:

Zach With Darth Vader at Studio Movie Grill 2-11-12
Darth Vader! This costume was so much bigger than the picture can...well...depict.

Zach With Stormtrooper at Studio Movie Grill 2-11-12
This one might be my favourite shot. The stormtrooper even let Zach hold his blaster!

Sunday we went to Central Market for something called Chocolate Fest. Hey, I'm there.

Chocolate Fest @ Central Market 2-12-12
Free chocolate? Won't pass that up. We also picked up a great sirloin steak and some sliders too. Everything there is made in house. Doesn't get fresher than that!

Friday night Zach finally got to have a friend spend the night:

Zach and Nicholas at Braum's
Sure, when people move, the iPhone makes pictures like this one. This is Nicholas, who I hope is one of Zach's best friends for the rest of his life. This is the kid who made up the song that drives Zach nuts when I sing it, but is hilarious when he sings it. You can see what it is here, but they get along really well. This one was taken at Braum's. The next day we picked up some donuts and went to the park:

Red Shrickel Park 2-11-12
It was 28 degrees, so we stayed for about nine minutes then got home as fast as we could. It was so cold, my car remote wouldn't work. Fortunately I hadn't locked it so I could get inside and start it up.

Valentine's day is coming up! Got a surprise in store for Cari. I usually do. It's a really great thing when I am able to do something nice for her. Seems like I cause more trouble then I'm worth sometimes. Always working on that but that doesn't mean there aren't stumbling blocks along the way.

No comments: